Plini appreciation.

eggzoomin

Derp
Reaction score
Loved this guy ever since I heard "Other Things." Seriously considering going to UKTechFest this summer just for him and The Contortionist.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eggzoomin

Derp
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Ola Englund on Facebook and he posted a link to Plini's new recordings so I went and had a listen. That was three hours ago. I've sat here and listened to everything on his bandcamp page. Some of it two or three times. I love it and want to get this stuff into my iTunes. My question is: I want to support Plini, so would he benefit more from me making purchases from bandcamp or iTunes? Does it matter?

I'm new to ss.org and most the music you guys probably grew up on. I've been a rock/metal guitar player since the 80's and all this new stuff is giving me a shot in the arm and a whole new love for guitar playing. I feel like a newbie all over again. Listening to new stuff is so refreshing.

Everyone should know the difference between Bandcamp and Itunes, IMO - they're both 85/15 splits... except Bandcamp gives the 85% to the artist. Itunes gives them the 15%. Bandcamp does change once artists gross over $5000 in a year though... then it's 90/10 in favour of the artist. Great company. No DRM and lossless files too. I love Bandcamp.

pacodevai

Reaction score
I found Plini like not even a week ago and shortly after found The Helix Nebula. They have both been on infinite repeat. Also reinvigorated my desire to play my guitars. WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO FIND THIS AMAZING MUSIC??!?!?!? I'm sure there are more that I have not heard yet. Any suggestions?

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Plini has pretty much reinvigorated my excitement for the future of music. Not in a hyperbolic sense either. The dude just breathes and lives his art. It is fantastic to be privy to that. This third solo record is a wonderful culmination of his progression towards, well, total brilliance. I can only imagine where his output will be ten years from now. It is staggering to think about. Also, not only is he viciously talented, he is a really chill, positive, selfless human being. His humanitarian efforts, as well as his endless approachibility to up and coming artists really separates him. Wonderful thing is, we all get to partake in his growth as an artist. I for one am absolutely stoked for the future. You're the man dude.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I found Plini like not even a week ago and shortly after found The Helix Nebula. They have both been on infinite repeat. Also reinvigorated my desire to play my guitars. WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO FIND THIS AMAZING MUSIC??!?!?!? I'm sure there are more that I have not heard yet. Any suggestions?

David Maxim Micic, Sithu Aye, Jakub Zytecki (from Disperse), CHON, Skyharbor :D

tomsargent

Reaction score
Just learned from Plini's facebook page that Troy Wright will be playing drums for Plini's live shows. Never have I ever wanted to see a live show so bad!

pacodevai

Reaction score
David Maxim Micic, Sithu Aye, Jakub Zytecki (from Disperse), CHON, Skyharbor :D

Sithu Aye, CHON and Skyharbor are already on the playlist. Definitely going to listen to David Maxim Micic and Jakub Zytecki. Thanks :shred:

prh

Plini
Reaction score
God damn, no way i'm missing UKTF now.

just to clarify, troy's gonna be on all my aussie shows and japan, and hopefully whatever else comes up, but we're not sure about the UK yet - it's crazy expensive flying there from aus, especially when you have to take time OFF work to do it... haha

good news is, will hopefully have one of UK's finest for that gig, if his band's schedule permits :)

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Read on the reddit AMA that Plini did a few days ago about a possible collaboration with CHON? I'm quite interested in that :)

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
^ got a link for that?

Google "Plini reddit AMA" and read through the whole thing, someone asked him about collaborations with artists. The split EP he did with Sithu Aye gets mentioned and then someone asked about doing something with other artists, to which Plini dropped a hint about CHON.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Okay i'm just putting this out there since I can't remember who did it, but screw the guy that put vocals over Tarred and Feathered, it's really good and I can't listen to the original without your melody in my head for at least the first few bars.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
went over to my buddy's studio the other day and had him make me a guitar strap and made a music vid out of it, hope you guys like it!