Political Compass Thread

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
So first things first; This is all for a bit of fun and if you start badgering anyone for where they sit, I'll report you my damn self. Mods, if you think this is a bad idea, nuke it. I understand. Just figured it could be interesting.

There are a couple of sites for this kind of thing, so for interests sake I've included two, and my results from each. It can be eye opening, to be honest. I knew I sat left, but I didn't realise quite how far left, for example.

Click the images, or links are below.

Politics 1.png

Politics 3.png

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test/en

https://8values.github.io/

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm like 3 cells up and 1 cell right from you, so probably just going to skip out on the 8values thing and assume it's also very similar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I usually avoid politics on here like the plague but I'm bored

OIP (1).jpg
chart

I just want people to be able to get abortions, bang/marry whoever they want, all the fun drugs to be legal and for people to leave me and my guitars/guns alone. Oh also internet should be a utility, term limits for all positions in the HOR/Senate/etc, roads should be better maintained, better education across the country, taxing churches and the ultra rich, better emphasis on STEM in school, preventing religious idiots from trying to peddle creationism as science and a bunch of other stuff.

download.png

Last edited:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
chart

this doesn't seem right. but actually maybe?

I just want perfect capitalism not bound by state, race, or identity

and for people to be able to do whatever freaky shit they want.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I dunno about this test.

The question that reads something like "Our civil liberties are being curbed in the name of counter-terrorism", I believe is obviously meant to move you north or south on the compass... But really that's not even an opinion you can disagree with; it's inarguable fact. The necessity of the TSA has been totally and completely debunked several times over, for example. Or the fact that DHS doesn't even attempt to do anything about domestic right wing terrorism and instead spends all their efforts rounding up Mexicans or violently attacking peaceful protestors.

upload_2020-8-16_8-12-34.png

I feel like this test is going to put any knowledgeable American person several points farther south than they really ought to be simply because government authority in our country is very transparently full of shit. It's well documented that our corrupt government started the war in Iraq using intentionally falsified information, all in the name of "counter-terrorism".

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I dunno about this test.

The question that reads something like "Our civil liberties are being curbed in the name of counter-terrorism", I believe is obviously meant to move you north or south on the compass... But really that's not even an opinion you can disagree with; it's inarguable fact. The necessity of the TSA has been totally and completely debunked several times over, for example. Or the fact that DHS doesn't even attempt to do anything about domestic right wing terrorism and instead spends all their efforts rounding up Mexicans or violently attacking peaceful protestors.

View attachment 83848

I feel like this test is going to put any knowledgeable American person several points farther south than they really ought to be simply because government authority in our country is very transparently full of shit. It's well documented that our corrupt government started the war in Iraq using intentionally falsified information, all in the name of "counter-terrorism".

you're not wrong...but some of the other questions are like...are you clearly a fucking racist.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
you're not wrong...but some of the other questions are like...are you clearly a fucking racist.

But that's an established part of being right wing, isn't it? At the far right end of that X axis, doesn't one have to necessarily be racist? Or at the very least opposed to interracial mingling?

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno about this test.

View attachment 83848

I've heard a couple of times that the first test can be a little off, hence including the second one which- by most accounts I've seen - is a more accurate representation of where one sits in relation to most issues.

Still, it's a fascinating look at where people sit, and can be especially eye opening for oneself.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Tbh, I expected to be a lot closer to this and previously/typically I am but politics in the US have been a clusterfuck lately.

I'm Progressive/Liberal left but there's a lot of ignorant people in or even un-involved with this party that are basically anarchists. The liberal equivalent of Trump voters where they know absolutely nothing nor do they inform themselves and they make these insane purity tests and extremist blood oaths for policies that are absolutely unsustainable but they haven't been around long enough nor will they stick around long enough to make it possible or deal with the fallout. So there's a number of things I'd have said 'strong agree' 'strongly disagree' on before but just 'agree' or 'disagree' this time.