Post your demos HERE! 😊

• Thread starter IT'z Roberto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is a rough demo of a song I’ve had kicking around for a while… I’m not sure whether to keep it as an instrumental, or see if my band can do something with it:

And this is a finsihed song from my band:

On the demo track everything was recorded using my Katana 50 into Reaper, and the drums were from Hydrogen. The band track was recorded all over the place: I did the guitars and the bass in Reaper using my Katana, and sent them to the drummer who did all the other recording and mixing in Pro-Tools.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Alright, I'll toss some of my stuff out there. lol

All I have are my super simple dumb practice songs for learning how to mix right now which don't really represent what I'll do for real down the road once I get to a point that I'm happy with. They're kind of all over the place in terms of styles. The ones I have online are mostly from my first round ever of giving it a go so they're pretty rough.

this one is the only one i have from last year of when I started to do round 2 of practice. (it's the only one i've posted here before)

here are a few others from my 1st round. (they're rough! i warned you! ha. ....I definitely used too much reverb in all these. Overcompressed etc... all the usual beginner mistakes haha)

this is my like... song i use to test plugins on lol. I need to redo it for real someday and rewrite some parts. Just a grungy rock song

I have some others without vocals, but eh.. you get the point where my current mixing level is at. I still have work to do to get better.

I have some heavy stuff kicking around. I just need to get back to them and finish them. I'm hoping to take a month off this summer after this current project i'm on and wrap up round 2 of practice songs.

...then 2 more rounds of practice songs after that and then I'll sit down and do an EP for real, and do something that I really want to represent what I'm going for. The goal is to have a project that goes from super heavy to super chill to experimental and everything in between.

*note soundcloud links don't always work for some folks it seems. so maybe try a different browser or not on a phone.

Last edited:

CutBilly

Reaction score
My part time band has a little ep on Spotify and iTunes……we’re called “No Son of Mine”……and there’s some super old stuff on bandcamp under “NosonofmineVT” if anyone wanted to check it out

IT'z Roberto

Apparent Neural DSP Advocate
Reaction score
This is a rough demo of a song I’ve had kicking around for a while… I’m not sure whether to keep it as an instrumental, or see if my band can do something with it:

And this is a finsihed song from my band:

On the demo track everything was recorded using my Katana 50 into Reaper, and the drums were from Hydrogen. The band track was recorded all over the place: I did the guitars and the bass in Reaper using my Katana, and sent them to the drummer who did all the other recording and mixing in Pro-Tools.

Awesome southern metal/rock sound broham! I dig it! 🙌

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
Alright, I'll toss some of my stuff out there. lol

All I have are my super simple dumb practice songs for learning how to mix right now which don't really represent what I'll do for real down the road once I get to a point that I'm happy with. They're kind of all over the place in terms of styles. The ones I have online are mostly from my first round ever of giving it a go so they're pretty rough.

this one is the only one i have from last year of when I started to do round 2 of practice. (it's the only one i've posted here before)

here are a few others from my 1st round. (they're rough! i warned you! ha. ....I definitely used too much reverb in all these. Overcompressed etc... all the usual beginner mistakes haha)

this is my like... song i use to test plugins on lol. I need to redo it for real someday and rewrite some parts. Just a grungy rock song

I have some others without vocals, but eh.. you get the point where my current mixing level is at. I still have work to do to get better.

I have some heavy stuff kicking around. I just need to get back to them and finish them. I'm hoping to take a month off this summer after this current project i'm on and wrap up round 2 of practice songs.

...then 2 more rounds of practice songs after that and then I'll sit down and do an EP for real, and do something that I really want to represent what I'm going for. The goal is to have a project that goes from super heavy to super chill to experimental and everything in between.

*note soundcloud links don't always work for some folks it seems. so maybe try a different browser or not on a phone.

I dig it bro! Sounds like early Earshot, Deftones, and Tool.

Mixing is hard, my mixes are doooooodooo 🤣 but these sound better than mine do 🙌

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
My part time band has a little ep on Spotify and iTunes……we’re called “No Son of Mine”……and there’s some super old stuff on bandcamp under “NosonofmineVT” if anyone wanted to check it out
Post links here brother! Narrow down the search 🙌 (people can be lazy)

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I dig it bro! Sounds like early Earshot, Deftones, and Tool.

Mixing is hard, my mixes are doooooodooo 🤣 but these sound better than mine do 🙌
haha thanks dude!!

Mixing is so hard! haha I totally get why they call them engineers now. I have so much more respect now for those that do it professionally.

I do find learning to mix a lot more fun than writing tbh though. It's that balance of art and science that really makes a person have to use their brain.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Working with a new band the past couple months, but we don't have any demos yet; although we keep talking about getting one put together, it'll probably be months before we're there.

Here's my latest solo project: https://bostjanzupancic.bandcamp.com/

I play microtonal (19-, 24-, or 14-notes per octave) metal with some thrashy and lighter prog elements.

Here's my last band, still "active": https://naegleriafowleri.bandcamp.com/

Microtonal Death/Grind-Parrot-core

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
haha thanks dude!!

Mixing is so hard! haha I totally get why they call them engineers now. I have so much more respect now for those that do it professionally.

I do find learning to mix a lot more fun than writing tbh though. It's that balance of art and science that really makes a person have to use their brain.
Very tough, I can't get clarity without ear piercing hiss 😩

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score

If anyone would like to add a ripping solo to this track between 3:09 - 3:31. I'm tired of fucking with it at this point lol

If I could shred I would 😩 I'm a riffer and Duh-Jenter 😩🤣 (I pretty much just make incoreherent noises 😢🤣)

But it's cool broham, I dig it 🙌

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
My band just released a new tune last week. We used to be instrumental, and decided to throw in some vocals. The link below should lead you right to it! The track is called "An Ocean of Falling Stars"

https://gridband.bandcamp.com/
Awesome stuff man, made me think of MTV2 head bangers ball Vol. 2 🙌 has a nostalgic metal vibe and chill toward the end 🙌