Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dirtool

Reaction score
JP157FM-TL_FRONT_FULL.png

It's teal, shit.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
btw, does anybody know what pickup sizes are used in these Ormsbys? Is custom the only route for getting replacements?

standard F sized bobins.

you can buy a regular pickup and swap the baseplate. You can buy a baseplate replacement form Ormsby (not sure when they would be back in stock tho). Or jsut swap the baseplate witht he pickup that comes with the guitar. Which btw just give it a try first

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
standard F sized bobins.

you can buy a regular pickup and swap the baseplate. You can buy a baseplate replacement form Ormsby (not sure when they would be back in stock tho). Or jsut swap the baseplate witht he pickup that comes with the guitar. Which btw just give it a try first

Thanks! Yeah I don’t know if I’ll like it or not yet, I probably won’t end up swapping the pups. Just curious about how it’s done.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I too have been tempted :lol: might just wait for one I like to pop up used though as it's inevitable.

Yeah exactly. Not to mention for me while I love the finishes on the run, I can order one in a solid finish I like for the same price or less anytime.

That splatter is definitely killer though :yesway:

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of dig these new baritones, not bad for $579. Little work and new pickups they would probably be solid.

ML1B-MOD-ABS-02.jpg

ML1B-MOD-MLW-02.jpg

ML1B-MOD-GRT-02.jpg

That first one is the first time I've ever liked their unicorn burst finish.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
That first one is the first time I've ever liked their unicorn burst finish.

Yeah I like that one too. The middle one reminds me of the Mayones John Browne Winter Heather finish.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Kind of dig these new baritones, not bad for $579. Little work and new pickups they would probably be solid.

ML1B-MOD-ABS-02.jpg

ML1B-MOD-MLW-02.jpg

ML1B-MOD-GRT-02.jpg

From my experience the pickups are pretty good already. If anything, the treble is a little blaring on the high frets, but you experience this less with the baritone.

Love baritone 6s, I'm still kinda gassing for an old Mushok sig...
s-l400.jpg

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
From my experience the pickups are pretty good already. If anything, the treble is a little blaring on the high frets, but you experience this less with the baritone.

Love baritone 6s, I'm still kinda gassing for an old Mushok sig...
s-l400.jpg
mushoks are the shit. Mine is easily my most played/favorite 6 string besides my charvel.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
I can’t find a picture of it anywhere online, but i am now GASsing bad for an ESP Carpenter in Pink with the Floyd rose and fluence set from the video in the namm thread!!!!! DAMMIT why do they always tease with those fishman/esp videos and never deliver info or pics or anything until they are released

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I can’t find a picture of it anywhere online, but i am now GASsing bad for an ESP Carpenter in Pink with the Floyd rose and fluence set from the video in the namm thread!!!!! DAMMIT why do they always tease with those fishman/esp videos and never deliver info or pics or anything until they are released

3906231B-7385-4BF3-B82C-4C2BD0EFF29B.jpeg

Me wantee!