Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I cancelled my preorder for the Dustie hardtail. I’m not waiting a year for a production guitar. Now gas has begun fueling for something else. I do need a fretless bass….

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
If blue vintage PRS's weren't notorious for de-bluing I might consider this. The board is pretty crazy too.
nulwsvlzqzaqrvezrglr.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Bloody_Inferno. Looks like they unmounted a Bigsby trem at some point.
Do you have any idea when Ibanez built those?
The seller didn't mention the exact year outside 1970s, so be it 75-77 when these were most known, is anybody's guess.
The guitar was built in September 1976 and its guitar number 6009 off the production line that month.

Older Ibanez dates that are pre 87 are dated using one letter to designate the month: ie A is January, B is February, C is March etc, the second two digits are the year of manufacture and the last four digits is the number of guitar off the production line that month. Given the last 4 digits are high i would say its a very late September guitar.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Reiterating that I need more RGs like I need holes in my head, but wanting more RGs is incredibly hard to resist...

p_region_RG5320C_DFM_00_01.png

Played this casually on a store near my house and thought about getting one, replacing the AN/TZ pickups with a PAF Joe/Satchur8 combo instead.

p_region_RG8870_BRE_00_01.png

It's not often Ibanez pull out a chambered body RG, and this is at least readily available, and it's not as dear as I'd expect for modern day J-Custom prices + AU nice beaches tax.

slavboi_delight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
eclipse-i-full.jpg

This kicks my GAS in overdrive since 14 years of playing.
Had the chance 12 years ago to buy one for 1399€. Did not get it.
Now i finally have the chance to acquire one for 1899€

esp-m-ii-r-duncan-black-10.jpg

Was lucky enoug to snatch that one for 1200€ 2 years ago.

Absolut pretentious and superficial

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
OIP.V-9ntsSmcU-IAUkL0EcQQgHaDN

It's a warrior, rhoads, ironbird or this. I was thinking to myself "Man ESP's got to have a star shape that doesn't look like total ass and has a sweep like a warrior... OH SHIT THE SAMMY DUET SIG"

Reaction score
I really want one of these to mod with better trem and pickups, just for the old school metal creds. Are these any good? I wanted to go with a Kramer Voyager first, but that thing has horrible neckdive, I've noticed. What's your guys' opinion on these?

jackson-js32-randy-rhoads-guitar-ivory-32907975033025_600x600.jpg

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I really want one of these to mod with better trem and pickups, just for the old school metal creds. Are these any good? I wanted to go with a Kramer Voyager first, but that thing has horrible neckdive, I've noticed. What's your guys' opinion on these?

jackson-js32-randy-rhoads-guitar-ivory-32907975033025_600x600.jpg
Most people I've heard regard the JS series favorably as a mod platform, more than the X series even. I am also heavily considering a JS Rhoads or Warrior.

Latest posts