Price Check! [Not sure if a guitar you're selling is priced right, post here.]

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

I got my GMG one for 600€ (as mint as it gets). You can definetely get more for it, though. If we're talking Reverb I'd start with 800€ if it's in great condition, and see how things go. You can always go down, and send Reverb auto-offers for less.

The only ones that I've seen going over 1k were very, very rare colors (blue red or something like that). Yet still sat unsold for more than a year, so I don't know what the real sale price was.

Kwert

Reaction score
I got my GMG one for 600€ (as mint as it gets). You can definetely get more for it, though. If we're talking Reverb I'd start with 800€ if it's in great condition, and see how things go. You can always go down, and send Reverb auto-offers for less.

The only ones that I've seen going over 1k were very, very rare colors (blue red or something like that). Yet still sat unsold for more than a year, so I don't know what the real sale price was.

Yeah I’m finding it quite hard to price this, as they don’t really come up for sale too often and buying prices seem to be all over the place.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I’m finding it quite hard to price this, as they don’t really come up for sale too often and buying prices seem to be all over the place.

Remember that you can't see real sale prices (offers accepted) on Reverb. Meaning that those listed over 800€ probably never sell until someone accepts an offer. 600-800€ is perfectly fine for these.

Average Reverb prices (in my experience):
- Gloss black (500-600€)
- GMG (600-700€)
- Trans black (800€)
- Other colors (dependant on the amount of crack the seller did prior listing)

Last edited:

Ubereem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thinking of placing a serious offer for this Ormsby:

The guy seems legit, and comparing similarly spec'd Ormsby, the price doesn't seem off.

What's ya'll opinions? Is the price in the ballpark and would it be legit?

slavboi_delight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anybody any clue about price ranging a jackson b7? I can't find them ANYWHERE in Europe and i have no clue how much to charge for it.

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anybody any clue about price ranging a jackson b7? I can't find them ANYWHERE in Europe and i have no clue how much to charge for it.

It's a small enough market that you charge whatever you think it's worth, if you're willing to wait for the right buyer. Or have to discount heavily to try to interest atypical buyers. A boutique guitar with specifical specs/finish would cost what, 2.5K euros on average? But the range of the actual price you could attain is going to be fairly wide.

slavboi_delight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's a small enough market that you charge whatever you think it's worth, if you're willing to wait for the right buyer. Or have to discount heavily to try to interest atypical buyers. A boutique guitar with specifical specs/finish would cost what, 2.5K euros on average? But the range of the actual price you could attain is going to be fairly wide.
Yeah I figured.
Hard to determine a genuine price without going extremely into the opposites.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
MIJ 90s Jackson soloist SL3. Listed for $650 - typical price? Standard black with EMGs and FR. Some dings and a dumb aftermarket knob.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
MIJ 90s Jackson soloist SL3. Listed for $650 - typical price? Standard black with EMGs and FR. Some dings and a dumb aftermarket knob.
That's slightly inflated compared to the used price of current Indonesian Soloist X series guitars used. MIJ Jacksons are all over the place, but it doesn't seem to me that they're very highly valued. I would make an offer for a lower price to see if you can get it, but I don't think it would be a bad buy at that price.

Price check for anyone who would like to chime in on a recent purchase - I recently bought a 1986 BC Rich NJ Warlock in excellent condition for $395 minus $200 trade value for an Indonesian Ibanez. What's the consensus on the value of that guitar?