PRS Mark Holcomb SVN for 2020

• Thread starter Apex1rg7x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
The bridge is pretty good, only thing I will say is if you plan on putting on REALLY thick strings (like .74 or above) you may have some issues with the lowest string saddle. I found that the string wouldn't sit on the "break point" of the saddle but sat right back where the string comes through the body. Sorry if none of that makes sense reading it...

I did want to check if the SE Baritones have the same saddles as they shipped stock with .68 as it's lowest string, but sold mine before I got my SVN. :facepalm:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

btbg

Reaction score
The bridge is pretty good, only thing I will say is if you plan on putting on REALLY thick strings (like .74 or above) you may have some issues with the lowest string saddle. I found that the string wouldn't sit on the "break point" of the saddle but sat right back where the string comes through the body. Sorry if none of that makes sense reading it...

I did want to check if the SE Baritones have the same saddles as they shipped stock with .68 as it's lowest string, but sold mine before I got my SVN. :facepalm:

My SVN already looks maxed out with the .64 :lol:

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Anyone know what the neck profile is like on this? or the thickness really

I wish they listed detailed specs like Schecter does

Bobski24

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone know what the neck profile is like on this? or the thickness really

I wish they listed detailed specs like Schecter does
I have the SE 24 7, the SVN and the Holcomb SVN. The 24 7 is nice smooth and thin, the SVN felt like a huge neck to me.. way thicker. Then the Holcomb svn came in and was perfect! Way thinner than the regular svn. slightly thicker than the 24 7, but barely noticable.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I have the SE 24 7, the SVN and the Holcomb SVN. The 24 7 is nice smooth and thin, the SVN felt like a huge neck to me.. way thicker. Then the Holcomb svn came in and was perfect! Way thinner than the regular svn. slightly thicker than the 24 7, but barely noticable.
Sweeeet. That's why I ditched my SE SVN. Good to know they have thinner necks on these.

Krazy Kalle

Reaction score
I have the SE 6-String with a matte finish and I played a 24 SVN (or SE SVN, is that a thing?) and I was really amazed by both.

Didn't have my hands on the holcomb SE 7, but I really really would love to get the one with the natural finish.

This is actually a guitar I would order without even testing it (if I had the money). Same for the Pro model from Misha,
or basically anything these guys bring, because everything I touched by them was awesome and I never heard too much bad stuff.

The only thing I don't like about the Holcomb models is the limitations on finishes, because PRS has so fricking awesome ones.

Krazy Kalle

Reaction score
I bought the holcomb burst and somehow it felt a bit dull.. after seeing this video I had to switch it, so now the walnut finish is coming in soon! haha

I actually haven't touched the gloss finished ones, but my blue whale satin finish is amazing, never was a huge PRS fan until I got this in my hands and I love it. What also amazes me is how well the scale length works for lower tunings.

If you also don't like the Walnut one, hit me up if you want to trade it for a Jackson DKA 7 in satin white :D

Adieu

Reaction score
Exactly how has poor relationship management tainted his professional reputation? More importantly, why would a guitar company have anything to do with the very personal affairs of adults? He isn't involved in any controversy involving any kind of ill intended remarks or actions directed at vulnerable groups, he has not committed a crime, exactly what is people's reasoning here? Did he fuck up? Yes. Is it anyone's business other than the people involved? Nope.

Well, his PROFESSIONAL reputation...? LITERALLY

Because he couldn't keep it in his pants with someone at WORK, stirred drama, and derailed scheduled touring

If it were dramafree orgies with groupies, nobody would care

Reactions: Vyn

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, his PROFESSIONAL reputation...? LITERALLY

Because he couldn't keep it in his pants with someone at WORK, stirred drama, and derailed scheduled touring

If it were dramafree orgies with groupies, nobody would care

The corporate workplace analogy for this would be a business working on a project (Periphery working on a tour) with an external client (Covert) and then shenanigans happening causing delays/cancellations in the project, for which people would actually get fired for. If I pulled that stunt in my work place I'd be out the door.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
The corporate workplace analogy for this would be a business working on a project (Periphery working on a tour) with an external client (Covert) and then shenanigans happening causing delays/cancellations in the project, for which people would actually get fired for. If I pulled that stunt in my work place I'd be out the door.
Of course, but everyone's workplace is different though. Funny enough in my business (post-production) this actually happens more often then you would think. For the most part, no one really cares as long as it's kept between themselves.

Reactions: Vyn

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course, but everyone's workplace is different though. Funny enough in my business (post-production) this actually happens more often then you would think. For the most part, no one really cares as long as it's kept between themselves.

I guess it's Monday morning and I'm grumpy about different workplaces and different workplace standards haha. Time for a coffee.