Rare guitars that you're looking for?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any rare guitars that you're looking for? Discontinued models? High priced items?

Currently I'm looking for ESP Edwards E-HR 115D or an ESP Edwards E-HR 120D in all black used, but I can't seem to find one. (Let me know if you know any Japanese auction sites I could peruse.)

I saw one on eBay but it looks pretty beat-up and the pictures look intentionally low quality. (Also multiple postings different pricing)

https://guitarbell.com.tenpoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/DSCN9445.jpg

I'm after a 120D as well to act as a stage back-up for my horizon. I'm not sure about the black, but the see-thru finish versions are Northern White Ash with maple thru-neck and Ebony board, which is the same spec.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Almost got one of these. Gave the money to the shop. But at the last minute they told me the neck was warped and they had to refund me. :(
Big time suck, I'm pretty much resigned to buying a knockoff and making it a wall queen.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oh I actually thought about it and these Schecters fit the bill.

Hellraiser 007 Limited Edition and the GC 50th Anniversary Avenger in transparent white.

15392-desktop.jpg

avenger-6-twht-gc-50th-tilt.png

mbardu

Reaction score
I always thought the 006/007 was such a dope shape. Headstock always felt wrong to me though.

Yeah headstock shape is really the only downside to some (most) of those nice Schecters.
At least the shape on the KM mark ii was dope.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
any guitar I'm gonna keep is gonna have a trem

I'm the same way with almost all of my electric guitars- the lack of one has been a dealbreaker more often than not, especially on 7 string guitars. I've had Floyd Rose trems here and there, but I've been partial to Mannmade (PRS) and Gotoh for the most part

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't buy a Gibson Gothic V unless you know what you're getting yourself into and are fine with it

They have the BIGGEST baseball bat necks I've ever seen

I never found the neck to be that big on the Gothic V I had. Certainly not as big as the Warmoth neck I currently have. They do sound amazing though, especially when you throw a BKP Warpig in the bridge. It's a shame my V couldn't be intonated properly, the bridge wasn't in the right place,.

Adieu

Reaction score
I never found the neck to be that big on the Gothic V I had. Certainly not as big as the Warmoth neck I currently have. They do sound amazing though, especially when you throw a BKP Warpig in the bridge. It's a shame my V couldn't be intonated properly, the bridge wasn't in the right place,.

Seriously?

How far off was it? Hmm... then maybe everything about them was just eyeballed +/- a few percent, hence the insane doublewide baseball bat on the one I flipped

GenghisCoyne

im here to party
Reaction score
OOooh thanks for the reminder.
I remember making a thread bout this years ago; Agile 730
I still want one of these, neck dive be fucking damned.

i cant think too much about it because if i do ill have to admit were past the rondo glory days and i dont want to live in that world.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
i cant think too much about it because if i do ill have to admit were past the rondo glory days and i dont want to live in that world.

Yeah, too many headless djentsticks and Kiesel knock offs :lol: though once Rondo's supply chain goes back to normal and if they re release the 730 line... Hooo fuck.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously?

How far off was it? Hmm... then maybe everything about them was just eyeballed +/- a few percent, hence the insane doublewide baseball bat on the one I flipped

Well no matter what gauge string I had on the Low E, it was always sharp. I tried a 42,46, 52 and a 64 and not once could I get it to intonate even when setting the saddle as far back as I could. It probably needed to be set back by about 1-2mm.