Rare guitars that you're looking for?

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
a washburn wm526, you just dont see that many. and the ones that do show up are far from decent condition.
theres one currently on reverb, but its red. i want a black one lol.

also, a maxxfly 7. ive seen a couple posted here a while ago, but super hard to find.

PS. oh, the one that i was talking about was Misha's lmao, figures.
tumblr_n6i6nkjaYn1tb6yqlo4_1280.jpg

url

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
a washburn wm526, you just dont see that many. and the ones that do show up are far from decent condition.
theres one currently on reverb, but its red. i want a black one lol.

also, a maxxfly 7. ive seen a couple posted here a while ago, but super hard to find.

PS. oh, the one that i was talking about was Misha's lmao, figures.
tumblr_n6i6nkjaYn1tb6yqlo4_1280.jpg

url

The guitar looks stunning, but that 7th string ball end sticking out kind of bothers me, it will damage the guitar's finish with pulls/pitching up the strings with the trem...

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
I mean, I have a number of conventional uncommon guitars I passively look for, but actually "rare":

Jackson-Zoraxe-6-of-7.jpg

I remember yearning for this in the Nintendo Power sweepstakes well before I played guitar and I still want one. A textbook example of a complete and total waste of a gigantic wad of cash and decidedly a novelty, yet... I want. I think it looks killer and if you don't think so then that's just like, your opinion, man. Coincidentally I'd like an ESP/J Frog Skull n' Bones, too.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I mean, I have a number of conventional uncommon guitars I passively look for, but actually "rare":

Jackson-Zoraxe-6-of-7.jpg

I remember yearning for this in the Nintendo Power sweepstakes well before I played guitar and I still want one. A textbook example of a complete and total waste of a gigantic wad of cash and decidedly a novelty, yet... I want. I think it looks killer and if you don't think so then that's just like, your opinion, man. Coincidentally I'd like an ESP/J Frog Skull n' Bones, too.
There is nothing wasteful about a Mikau signature guitar

oracles

Reaction score
The guitar looks stunning, but that 7th string ball end sticking out kind of bothers me, it will damage the guitar's finish with pulls/pitching up the strings with the trem...

That's a big part of why I (stupidly) sold mine. The Parker bridge won't accept string gauges over a 0.58, meaning if you want to use anything heavier, you either drill the bridge out to accept larger gauges, or leave the ball end exposed like that picture.

In hindsight I should've just accepted the limitations of that guitar and kept it, because it was absolutely one of the best guitars I've ever played or owned.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
The Parker bridge won't accept string gauges over a 0.58, meaning if you want to use anything heavier, you either drill the bridge out to accept larger gauges, or leave the ball end exposed like that picture.

I don't think boring/reaming out the saddle end would be that big of a deal, no? Those Maxxflys are so killer!

DoctorStoner

θάλλ
Reaction score
Always wanted a K7 and/or Gator Green BFG. But I don't think I'd ever pony up for either unless it was a steal.

oracles

Reaction score
I don't think boring/reaming out the saddle end would be that big of a deal, no? Those Maxxflys are so killer!

It absolutely nukes any resale value for one, replacement parts are getting harder and harder to come by and more expensive when they do, ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the risk. Too much to go wrong on a guitar that valuable.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A KKW7 without the tribal shit just showed up on Reverb

The only 7 string non strat shape with a kahler thst I know of

I literally cannot get it

wtf world

bugrakman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As a person with Apex1 for almost 14 years, i've been always dreaming about Ibanez K7 (especially BG). Maybe one day..

mehegama

Reaction score
Both of these guitars belong in the funny guitars thread, but they're cool and I like them

Oh I also want one of these

2_morpheus-nt-no4_3-11-11.jpg

Is this made by the old deicide guitarist? If yes there are some horror stories with this guy.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is this made by the old deicide guitarist? If yes there are some horror stories with this guy.

Nah it's Neal Moser, those guitars are pretty monstrous even if they look weird as hell. The guy can get a little strange but his skills are legit. I'd consider the BCR custom shop even as expensive as it is rn since he's back leading the team, apparently building as well still. His stuff when he left BCR to do his own thing is generally kinda funky like that and the bastard V but very good and generally pretty cheap if it's not coming from a BCR enthusiast.