RIP strictly7?

• Thread starter oath5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oath5

Reaction score
Was in contact with one of the workers at Strictly7. Apparently everone has left Jim and the company and he is now all alone.

Im nervous right now cause I have an order which I have paid the full amount on (have waited 2.5 years now).

Has anyone of you guys heard anything?
Is there some way for me to get my money back? Im from Sweden and feel very powerless right now. He's not answering mails or fb-messages either...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Was in contact with one of the workers at Strictly7. Apparently everone has left Jim and the company and he is now all alone.

Im nervous right now cause I have an order which I have paid the full amount on (have waited 2.5 years now).

Has anyone of you guys heard anything?
Is there some way for me to get my money back? Im from Sweden and feel very powerless right now. He's not answering mails or fb-messages either...

Well, in this case, if you paid with a credit card, contact the cc company and file a complaint.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, sad to hear this. But this is proof in point that a business owner should never be so foolish as to take to Youtube videos to vent his anger and bash customers. Very poor decision there. I know that's not the whole story of course, and I'm aware of many other varying issues/situations, but I think those videos were a huge part in business suicide. Again, very sad to hear another luthier possibly going down. No official word yet however so he might pull through.

Rev.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gee wouldn't it have been nice if he had built the guitar you paid for instead of the 10 or so he took to NAMM to sell :realmad:

That said Jim has been on his own for months, he was raving about being by himself in a video quite a while ago.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if there's no final word, if that fvcking guy was on a literal sinking ship he'd try to sell you a spot on it. Glad to see that "company" finally going down if it is, "unethical" doesn't even graze the depth of bullshit they created. I really hope you get your money back man, I'm sure you're not alone either. Someone should organize a group of people to press charges if they haven't got their money back yet and really throw some gasoline in the fire.

oath5

Reaction score
I paid via Paypal :( paypal withdrew money from my creditcard. Can I still contact the cc company and file a complaint?

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I paid via Paypal :( paypal withdrew money from my creditcard. Can I still contact the cc company and file a complaint?

If nothing else you can try. Paypal and your credit card company should have a record of it. Despite it being past the usual 90 day...thing they do, I think 2.5 years without the product and evidence of never getting the product warrants an investigation/refund. Just be reasonable and if the person you're speaking to isn't helpful, ask for the next person up until you get someone willing to try. Definitely do not bury your head in the sand on this one, the more proactive you are, the better :yesway:

oath5

Reaction score
Geez wonder how many members on here who is in my situation too. Is there a way to highlight my topic or something so everybody on here with a S7 guitar on order sees it?

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Well, in this case, if you paid with a credit card, contact the cc company and file a complaint.

Nope, I went through this with the BRJ bs, you only get a few months from the first date of purchase. 2.5 years is far too long. You can file civil suit or try to work it out with S7. You are SOL with the CC, bank, and paypal; I know from first hand experience. I was on the phone for well over a dozen hours with all sorts of bankers and managers trying to assess my options.

oath5

Reaction score
Gee wouldn't it have been nice if he had built the guitar you paid for instead of the 10 or so he took to NAMM to sell :realmad:

That said Jim has been on his own for months, he was raving about being by himself in a video quite a while ago.

Where can I find this video?

oath5

Reaction score
Nope, I went through this with the BRJ bs, you only get a few months from the first date of purchase. 2.5 years is far too long. You can file civil suit or try to work it out with S7. You are SOL with the CC, bank, and paypal; I know from first hand experience. I was on the phone for well over a dozen hours with all sorts of bankers and managers trying to assess my options.

You never got your money back?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Call your credit card company and give it a shot, there's no use in giving up. And even if your Paypal denies it, the funds were taken from your Credit Card it's not on them to decide since they didn't supply the funds.

And every credit card company and bank is different, they can at least investigate. And in the case of not received, you should receive your money back.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score

I really don't see how that is legal... Your money may be in binary format but it still has value and you can't just say "derp, you never got the product you were promised but the time frame has been too long, sorry!" It's literally lying. Now I completely get its not PP/the bank's fault, but they have a record of you sending X dollars to Jackass McGee and you have literally nothing to show for it. If nothing else they should be able to contact his bank/PP and attempt to get the money back.

I suppose your best bet is to get into contact with someone already pressing charges and see if you can piggy-back onto that. Just because you're not in the US doesn't mean you should be ....ed over, that's absolute bullshit. Keep us informed of how its going, because like I said, I almost guarantee you aren't alone

Charvel7string

Reaction score
Get your money back bro it's sad to see them go but it's time. What model were you getting? Have you thought about what you might get once you get your money back? I really hope you get it back 2.5 years is stupid

GiveUpGuitar

Give Up the Goods!
Reaction score
2.5 years is mindblowing. How does this dude not care about his reputation as a builder after all of the shit he's been given for it? I can't wrap my head around that at all... its practically offensive to me. Hopefully you get every penny wasted back, because the guitar gods owe you some justice.

oath5

Reaction score
Get your money back bro it's sad to see them go but it's time. What model were you getting? Have you thought about what you might get once you get your money back? I really hope you get it back 2.5 years is stupid

Well its easy to say "get the money back". I dont think I will ever see that money again. God knows how many hours of working overtime I did to fund the guitar in first place. Im so depressed right now.

I ordered the solar7 model.

If I get the money back I will order another Skervesen.

oath5

Reaction score
2.5 years is mindblowing. How does this dude not care about his reputation as a builder after all of the shit he's been given for it? I can't wrap my head around that at all... its practically offensive to me. Hopefully you get every penny wasted back, because the guitar gods owe you some justice.

Yeah my guitar has been ready for paint at least a year now or so lol. Mindblowing to say the least.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
You never got your money back?

you get 9 months or so to file a claim, after that it is outside of the Visa timeframe for reimbursement. You can easily find these laws if you google "chargeback."

If you sue, you need to hire a claims company to actually get your money taken out of their paychecks if they have a normal job. With BRJ, he is bankrupt is it was a no go. You might have better luck with Jim.

Paypal only gives people 90 days, so I have learned to be very careful with them. Visa was willing to help me figure everything out, Paypal told me to shove off and kept routing me to india; worst CS ever.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't see how that is legal... Your money may be in binary format but it still has value and you can't just say "derp, you never got the product you were promised but the time frame has been too long, sorry!"

Actually they can say just that. You clearly haven't followed the BRJ Black Friday thread. I don't know of a single person in there that was able to get their money back from their credit card or bank after waiting 2+ years. There are time limits to dispute transactions and those policies are listed in the document you sign when you create the account. It's not the bank or credit cards fault a luthier hasn't provided a product in 2+ years time and getting one's money back is NOT a straight forward and simple process. One typically needs to take it to small claims court and even then collecting the judgement, should you win, isn't an easy task either. Usually it's just not worth it for a few grand as it can cost more in time, money, and stress.

Rev.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I really have to tell you guys, I will never pay for a guitar from a private luthier if it is not finished and ready to ship. Ever.

This could happen with any shop, no matter how nice the owner is. Any of these boutique shops could have the owner killed in an accident or fall ill or flake out and you are SOL. This situation is becoming very common and is unavoidable with a shop that doesnt have multiple experience luthiers.

Be careful with your money guys.