RIP to the bad guy, Razor Ramon, Scott Hall

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

FN2U12KWUAQt-Yn

fucking gutted rn

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
As not a huge wrestling fan, I'm surprised that the deaths of wrestlers hit me so hard. I think in the early-mid 90s, these guys just seemed larger than life. Somehow it's always at odds with the idea that they're real people and they get old and that actually ~30 years have passed :-/

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Man, I remember back in the day when Razor Ramon and Diezel jumped ship to Ted Turner's corner and changed everything about the kayfabe storytelling aspect of pro wrestling. NWO in the 90s was such a huge deal, and Scott Hall with Kevin Nash played a huge part of making it all fun.

RIP :(

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Man, I remember back in the day when Razor Ramon and Diezel jumped ship to Ted Turner's corner and changed everything about the kayfabe storytelling aspect of pro wrestling. NWO in the 90s was such a huge deal, and Scott Hall with Kevin Nash played a huge part of making it all fun.

RIP :(
It's why it hits hard. My house lived and breathed mid-late '90s WCW. Hall, Nash, Sting, and DDP were my fuckin idols as a kid.

mastapimp

Reaction score
As not a huge wrestling fan, I'm surprised that the deaths of wrestlers hit me so hard. I think in the early-mid 90s, these guys just seemed larger than life. Somehow it's always at odds with the idea that they're real people and they get old and that actually ~30 years have passed :-/
I'm the same way...I could casually watch on the weekend mornings or Monday night when nothing else was on, but I always vividly remembered the wrestlers and their gimmicks/antics. I ended up watching "Dark Side of the Ring" one night and got instantly hooked (also watched the A&E legends series devoted to WWE). All the background drama with these guys makes their lives even more interesting. I highly recommend that series to anyone that was entertained by wrestling as a kid.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm the same way...I could casually watch on the weekend mornings or Monday night when nothing else was on, but I always vividly remembered the wrestlers and their gimmicks/antics. I ended up watching "Dark Side of the Ring" one night and got instantly hooked (also watched the A&E legends series devoted to WWE). All the background drama with these guys makes their lives even more interesting. I highly recommend that series to anyone that was entertained by wrestling as a kid.

Thanks for that series / checking it out now.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I remember when he came with out with Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan and one other guy (that looked exactly like 90's Kirk Hammett :lol:) in the 90s with New World Order. I loved wrestling back then, but grew out of it in the early 2000s because I focused more on guitar playing and reading Guitar World in my spare time.

RIP Scott Hall, say hello to Canadian wrestling legend Chris Benoit for me!

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
For the nWo reference about the guy who looked like Kirk Hammett, he was Syxx/X-pac lol

Syxx/X-pacXPac_stat.png

Hammett lol
3vgjig2ks8e21.jpg

As an 8/9 year old in the late 90s, I thought they looked almost exactly the same lol

mastapimp

Reaction score
Thanks for that series / checking it out now.
I've seen 'em all and if I were to recommend any episodes it'd be the Plane Ride from Hell or the Collision in Korea. The latter is when Eric Bischoff took WCW to North Korea in the Kim Jong Il era and performed to an Olympic level stadium where attendance was mandatory and crowd reaction was non-existent.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
As someone who's been a wrestling fan near 3 decades and does a wrestling podcast, this was devastating. My podcast is going to do a watch along of Razor vs HBK in the ladder match at WM10 For tribute.

soliloquy

Reaction score
As mentioned above, wrestlers dying, for some reason, hits harder than other celebrities.

I wasn't that big into Scott Hall, but loved his contribution to both WCW and WWF/WWE, along with TNA stuff.