Scale the Summit MegaThread

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I prefer the book to a GP file, honestly. It's similar to the e-book vs. real book discussion. I just like to have a book in front of me that I can pick up and write in when I need to make a notation on something. Plus, I get to support one of my favorite bands.

its lyke a win win tipe of situation lolololololol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

piggins411

Reaction score
^ After watching that video, I can now pick out the EXACT parts I have no chance of being able to play

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
This may sound strange to you guys, but I actually enjoy watching StS play much more than I enjoy listening to their albums. Generally, they're not metal enough for me, even as far as instrumental music goes, but watching their videos? Holy shit. It's amazing to watch these guys play, they have beautiful guitars, great tone, everything. It's inspiring to watch them, not so much when I play one of their albums.

Anyone else like that? I know it's incredibly odd. I've never felt that way about any other band.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
This may sound strange to you guys, but I actually enjoy watching StS play much more than I enjoy listening to their albums. Generally, they're not metal enough for me, even as far as instrumental music goes, but watching their videos? Holy shit. It's amazing to watch these guys play, they have beautiful guitars, great tone, everything. It's inspiring to watch them, not so much when I play one of their albums.

Anyone else like that? I know it's incredibly odd. I've never felt that way about any other band.

well, if I have the chance and time to look to their playthroughs, yeah, also I learned a pair of songs by watching them so many times :lol:
But I also dig the music a lot, when Im a bit tired from the br00tals I just put on The Collective and dive in the music

lawizeg

Reaction score
Stunned by the playing, it's so complicated yet you guys make it look easy! The sig looks even better than before, too.

Did Ola build this one for you?

asher

So Did We
Reaction score

See if you can pick 'em up live too. They manage to bring a ton of energy to it and their live tone was utterly flawless.

lurgar

Reaction score
Can't wait to see them live. Can't believe I'll actually be going to Fitz's again after so many years :lol:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to some videos where they use the A(4) string. I am really interested to see how they sound and play. Preferably playthrough videos where the string us used a fair bit and if you can think of any videos with an A string that are not relevant to the thread and don't want to go off topic, could you just PM them to me. I have looked, but I could not find much.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to some videos where they use the A(4) string. I am really interested to see how they sound and play. Preferably playthrough videos where the string us used a fair bit and if you can think of any videos with an A string that are not relevant to the thread and don't want to go off topic, could you just PM them to me. I have looked, but I could not find much.

Chris had an 8 tuned B to A but as far as I know that high A wasnt even on the collective at this point Im like 99% sure they just play 7s tuned to B standard

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
^Yea chris hasn't written anything on an 8 since carving desert canyons, he sold both of his sherman 8 strings to..

Also Oracle is awesome!!! Can't ....ing wait for my pre-order!!