Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I wonder why they would do that. Isn't one of the main point of having fishmans in the first place multiple voicings?
That's why I'm wondering if it's the same pickup (just without the second voice wired) or if it's a new pickup with only one voicing to maybe save money? I guess you still get the clarity and note definition that Fishman is known for.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh that makes a lot of sense. They do have different pole pieces so I don't know if the other voicings would be available.

I would email schecter but they have never responded to an email. Maybe I will try emailing Fishman after NAMM is over.

Musiscience

Reaction score
That's why I'm wondering if it's the same pickup (just without the second voice wired) or if it's a new pickup with only one voicing to maybe save money? I guess you still get the clarity and note definition that Fishman is known for.

I'm monitoring this thread for the official answer. I thought that the voicings were mostly preamp based and that the actual pickup changed very little. If this is the case, cost saving would be minimal to cut a voicing out. Interesting.

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
One of the guys on the Facebook Schecter Guitar Forum pre-ordered the MKIII Hybrid 6 and prior to pre-ordering, he found out some info 'via Schecter and Fishman.'

1. The preamp boost Keith talked about didn't make it to production.
2. The pickups are the same as his current Fishmans but they are the main voice (voice 1)
3. Fishman confirmed with him that they are only wired to voice 1 (but) voice 2 and voice 3 (single coil) are still an option, you just need to wire them up.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
One of the guys on the Facebook Schecter Guitar Forum pre-ordered the MKIII Hybrid 6 and prior to pre-ordering, he found out some info 'via Schecter and Fishman.'

2. The pickups are the same as his current Fishmans but they are the main voice (voice 1)
3. Fishman confirmed with him that they are only wired to voice 1 (but) voice 2 and voice 3 (single coil) are still an option, you just need to wire them up.
Damn that's actually great news! That makes me want to grab one even more.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Suuuuuuuuuper late to the party but the original KM-7 in lambo orange is on clearance and drumcityguitarland for $699.99 USD. I just asked guitar center to price match and they fucking did it, so I just brought one home. Goddamn this is a great guitar. I've been picking it up for over a year every time I go into GC. Glad it's finally home w/ me!
Shit yeah!

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score

Very cool. I have not really looked under the hood at the Fishman pups all that much. Would the mini toggle require new wiring with the connectors to attach to the pups or could you just solder in the switch?

Fabxxxyyy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times, but here I go. What are the differences between MK 1,2 and 3 necks/playability/fret access?
Thanks!

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times, but here I go. What are the differences between MK 1,2 and 3 necks/playability/fret access?
Thanks!
mk3 has the thinnest flattest neck. playability varies on the individual guitar and how it was set up. fret access is pretty comparable across the board.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Thanks!

mk3 has the thinnest flattest neck. playability varies on the individual guitar and how it was set up. fret access is pretty comparable across the board.

The MK-II is actually the thinnest neck with it being 0.4mm thinner at 1st fret (19mm) and 0.9mm thinner at the 12th fret (20mm) than the MK-III Artist. It's also more D-shaped than the MK-3 which is more of a C-shape. I actually prefer the MK-3 most of all because the reduced shoulders make it more comfortable overall. I do prefer the MK-2 over the MK-1 though. His signature models have just gotten better over time really.

Just checked out the new MK-III Hybrid and it matches the MK-II's thicknesses surprisingly. Would be cool if it matches the C-profile of the MK-III Artist model while being this thin. Might have to check into getting one of those.

dyeryn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
- replacement toggle switch recommendation Mkiii artist -

Hi - I had a KM7 Mkiii artist delivered yesterday i bought from a guy off reverb. he didnt pack it properly and the toggle switch broke on the way down -- the one that chooses the fishman voicing i believe. anyone have a replacement toggle switch suggestion? i have a contact request into schecter but havent heard back yet and i want it whole again

GustavoGP

Reaction score
- replacement toggle switch recommendation Mkiii artist -

Hi - I had a KM7 Mkiii artist delivered yesterday i bought from a guy off reverb. he didnt pack it properly and the toggle switch broke on the way down -- the one that chooses the fishman voicing i believe. anyone have a replacement toggle switch suggestion? i have a contact request into schecter but havent heard back yet and i want it whole again

Hi, I recently wired a voice toggle switch for my KM6 MK-II, i used a Mini Switch 3-way On-On-On DPDT, you can buy them on ebay, they look exactly like the ones used on the MK-III. I am adding a Fishman Battery Pack too, the rechargeable battery in the battery box and the module in the cavity.
1.jpg
4.jpg

dyeryn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi, I recently wired a voice toggle switch for my KM6 MK-II, i used a Mini Switch 3-way On-On-On DPDT, you can buy them on ebay, they look exactly like the ones used on the MK-III. I am adding a Fishman Battery Pack too, the rechargeable battery in the battery box and the module in the cavity.
View attachment 77044 View attachment 77045

that looks exactly like what i need thanks! ordering.

dyeryn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 77044 View attachment 77045

the battery pack sounds fun too which one did you get - just that universal one?

GustavoGP

Reaction score
the battery pack sounds fun too which one did you get - just that universal one?
I bought a Fishman Fluence Les Paul Pickup Battery Pack, found a new open box cheap one on ebay, only using the battery and the module, the plastic cavity cover plate obviously doesn't fit, i will contact a 3D printing store in my city to design a new cover plate with screw legs for holding the module and holes for the USB input and led indicator. I will post the final result and detailed steps.
5.jpg