Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Hi, I recently wired a voice toggle switch for my KM6 MK-II, i used a Mini Switch 3-way On-On-On DPDT, you can buy them on ebay, they look exactly like the ones used on the MK-III. I am adding a Fishman Battery Pack too, the rechargeable battery in the battery box and the module in the cavity.
View attachment 77044 View attachment 77045

that is very cool. I thought the mini toggle had to be an on off on but I guess either would work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chargrilled

Reaction score
Wish the Lambo blue one was in a 8 string would buy that on the spot

preview.jpg

dyeryn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi, I recently wired a voice toggle switch for my KM6 MK-II, i used a Mini Switch 3-way On-On-On DPDT, you can buy them on ebay, they look exactly like the ones used on the MK-III. I am adding a Fishman Battery Pack too, the rechargeable battery in the battery box and the module in the cavity.

hey thanks again i bought the toggle you suggested and it comes tomorrow.
quick question -- i looked up the fishman wiring diagrams for the merrow set and it shows an on-off-on switch. did you have you do anything different to get the on-on-on switch wired up? or am i cool if i just take out the old switch and wire the new switch up with the wires in the same spots? thanks.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
quick question -- i looked up the fishman wiring diagrams for the merrow set and it shows an on-off-on switch. did you have you do anything different to get the on-on-on switch wired up? or am i cool if i just take out the old switch and wire the new switch up with the wires in the same spots? thanks.

I was wondering the same thing.

GustavoGP

Reaction score
The On-On-On DPDT switch needs an additional step. I found a fishman wiring diagram using this switch, the only issue is i think where it indicates the behavior or the operation is wrong, i think is 2-1-3, not 3-2-1, if someone can clarify this...
Fluence_Classic_Open_Core_Voice_Select_w_Mini_Toggles.jpg

Attachments

• Fluence_Classic_Open_Core_Voice_Select_w_Mini_Toggles.pdf
    392.4 KB · Views: 5

dyeryn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The On-On-On DPDT switch needs an additional step. I found a fishman wiring diagram using this switch, the only issue is i think where it indicates the behavior or the operation is wrong, i think is 2-1-3, not 3-2-1, if someone can clarify this...View attachment 77133

hi -- emailed Schecter to ask them and they sent me this.

interestingly --- i didnt mention i had purchased an on-on-on but that is what's in the diagram. so cool news all around thanks for your help

Attachments

• Keith Merrow MKIII Artist Wiring Diagram.pdf
    211.8 KB · Views: 38

dyeryn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
hi -- emailed Schecter to ask them and they sent me this.

interestingly --- i didnt mention i had purchased an on-on-on but that is what's in the diagram. so cool news all around thanks for your help

switch is in and working, and if its different than the orig switch i certainly cant tell.

looks like its an on-on-on to begin with in the mkiii artist.

Super happy. thanks all for your help

before
before.jpg

after

after.jpg

after top
after top.jpg

alvaro89

Reaction score
switch is in and working, and if its different than the orig switch i certainly cant tell.

looks like its an on-on-on to begin with in the mkiii artist.

Super happy. thanks all for your help

before
View attachment 77164

after

View attachment 77165

after top
View attachment 77166

Hi guys ! You two have brought us a great tutorial, that actually works perfectly, of how to make that posible for many MKII owners like me. Thank you !!

I wanted to do that mod on mine as soon as I saw the MKIII, but I was afraid of damaging something on electronics.

I still have a couple of questions about what kind of DPDT or SPDT switch to buy:
Amperage and Voltage does matter?

Can someone owning an original KMIII make a picture or tell us all what ampere and volt has the original fishman wiring from factory? and what manufacturer is?

Thanks once again !

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
The hybrid looks really cool but I don't really like where it sits in the KM lineup at the moment. I guess it really depends on the specifics of the pickups and which statements are true. If you can actually wire them up the same as the proper fluences then it's a fine deal. If they are truly one voice then the hybrid is in a weird spot because it is only $70 less than the very comparable MKII fishman version, but also $500 more than the very similar looking grey MKIII.

NotQuiteWes

Reaction score
The hybrid looks really cool but I don't really like where it sits in the KM lineup at the moment. I guess it really depends on the specifics of the pickups and which statements are true. If you can actually wire them up the same as the proper fluences then it's a fine deal. If they are truly one voice then the hybrid is in a weird spot because it is only $70 less than the very comparable MKII fishman version, but also $500 more than the very similar looking grey MKIII.

I'm feeling very certain that the intention is to do away with the MKII. I mean we just had that blowout sale, I haven't seen Sweetwater have any in stock in what feels like 2 months or so. Maybe that's just my speculation, but it seems to fit what I've been seeing.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score

I'm feeling very certain that the intention is to do away with the MKII. I mean we just had that blowout sale, I haven't seen Sweetwater have any in stock in what feels like 2 months or so. Maybe that's just my speculation, but it seems to fit what I've been seeing.

All variants of the MK-2 have been discontinued. Schecter has moved their product pages to the "VAULT" section of their website.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
does anybody know what string post length is on the hipshot tuners on the Mark 3? 19mm, 20mm, 21mm or 23mm?

im guessing 20 or 21 but do not know for sure.

sleewell

Reaction score
i think my next guitar will be one of the older km-7s in trans white. spec wise it has everything i look for.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
All variants of the MK-2 have been discontinued. Schecter has moved their product pages to the "VAULT" section of their website.
That makes more sense then, if the MKIIs are going away. I still think it's a little expensive given their other comparable offerings like the SLS elites (plus it still competes with all the MKIIs that are NOS in stores for the time being).

I like it though. Wouldn't be considering all this if I didn't want to buy one.