Shifty Shellshock is fighting bouncers and sound guys in Heaven

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
say what you want, John Frusciante is brilliant and To Record Only Water For Ten Days is a masterpiece. his work with The Mars Volta is also top tier. dude has chops for days and is responsible for a non-insignificant portion of the catchiest (and cashiest) guitar hooks of the last few decades.

Frusciante is actually my favorite member of the Chili Peppers. I respect his solo stuff, even if it's not for everyone, and his work with Mars Volta goes without saying. But his contributions to the last 3 albums before his second exit were the most interesting about that era of the band. His experimentations are the only reasons to listen to what is essentially Californication being remade thrice over.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
ITT:

the-simpsons-stop.gif

Y'all got me cracking the fuck up

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
say what you want, John Frusciante is brilliant and To Record Only Water For Ten Days is a masterpiece. his work with The Mars Volta is also top tier. dude has chops for days and is responsible for a non-insignificant portion of the catchiest (and cashiest) guitar hooks of the last few decades.
3rd solo in Scar Tissue is still one of my all time favourites, so I'll second the Frusciante praise.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
My band once opened for Crazy Town that were "touring" in Italy.
He probably sang about three lines each song, the rest were all backing vocale by the other members.

His main show was swagging around the stage; he had also to complain about the pizza, I saw him having a bite and throw away the slice.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Over-Dripped? I knew it! The weight of this image is too much of a burden for anyone to carry, He put up a hell of a fight though.

113shiftyshellshock.jpg

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Decided to read through the Adema wiki following this thread and man, did any of these nu-metal bands back then not turn into a meth fueled drama fest?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I've been seeing this thread title and a few other social media comments about Shifty Shellshock, and legitimately had no clue it was the Butterfly dude until yesterday.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Oh shit I didn't know about the Cher thing... Yikes.
That's cause it didn't happen the way Randy described it. In his autobiography, Scar Tissue, he did mention a time when Cher babysat him and he got a peak of her changing into a night-gown or something before she got ready for bed. He may have fantasized about her, but there was no sexual contact between them. This often gets spliced with another story about how Anthony's dad set him up to lose his virginity to an 18 year old when he was only 12.