Show Me Your Bass!

• Thread starter rummy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
4mQkH9P.jpg

EKJWrM2.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got this a month or so ago, forgot to NBD it along with the RG from months before that.

I had a 4 string EDC bass briefly when I was young and poor, had to return it because money. I really like the 5, it sounds killer. Different vibe than my Dingwalls, but it sounds awesome. Might need a new nut and apologies for the non-straightened thickass B string as it's all I had for new ones!
Screenshot_20211203-134854_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-134902_Gallery.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As cool as Ric's look and sound I don't get along with them. They feel like a coffee table against my body!

Does it have stereo outputs and do you utilize that?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I think that's actually an EDB605, similar to the one I have in purple; its a beast of a bass, I just need to bring it in to have them fix the action. I bought it used online and wanted to test out 5-strings, not particularly crazy about them but they have their place, and I didn't realize how bad the action was to the point where it's a potential issue with the neck.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think that's actually an EDB605, similar to the one I have in purple; its a beast of a bass, I just need to bring it in to have them fix the action. I bought it used online and wanted to test out 5-strings, not particularly crazy about them but they have their place, and I didn't realize how bad the action was to the point where it's a potential issue with the neck.

You are right, it's an EDB. The EDC's had longer horns and a different preamp. I had a purple 4 string EDC back in the day.

Did you get the action worked out on yours? They really are good sounding basses if you can get it to play how you like.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
You are right, it's an EDB. The EDC's had longer horns and a different preamp. I had a purple 4 string EDC back in the day.

Did you get the action worked out on yours? They really are good sounding basses if you can get it to play how you like.

I haven't yet, I've got some other stuff that took priority financially; my 4 string version had a corroded tuner so all those needed to get replaced (because I'm not having mismatched tuners) and now THAT has a shit ton of bowing that I can't fix on my own since it didn't have strings on it for so long.

Fix one problem and another quickly takes it's place :lol:

Koldunya

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IMG_5288.jpg

I call it The Beast because it's so huge XD I think the strap sets it off nicely, though :D 2015 Carvin/Kiesel Xcellerator X64

Too bad the Xcellerator didn't sell well enough, it was only made for something like three years iirc

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
BLhJZmrkypy7MxCayVL6JGeLGrmFs9tWXFYLOta5f1_JssRqsSf31l3Ms63_Etwq1t4NruEsOKajGwnoqKxN8L6cp8vFcKrivcWCrQRjmTgP5OLJUn-cM6IeLg4SDcB6bBn13ykdxmo=w400

The 6-string is mine, the 5-string is our bass player's.

It's a Harley Benton that I bought a few years ago, because I figured I could improve my home recordings with actual bass... Well, I didn't end up using it much, but it's definitely not among the worst basses I've played.
That Ibanez 5-string is superior in every way though (except string count, lol), but then again it's also worth about 5x the money. Anyway, it's one of the best I've played.

Last edited:

olejason

Reaction score
Most of the current stable, from classic to weird! People online tend to really despise single cut basses but I think the style works well with 6 strings. It always seems to get a lot of positive reactions and questions at gigs, funny enough.

Attachments

• basses.jpg
    basses.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 17

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
American professional p bass
Jim root jazzmaster
American professional fender strat
Chinese schecter w fishmans and hipshot bridge and tuners

Attachments