Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
tumblr_lqv8flpdMr1qh36oko1_500.png

tumblr_lqqgxkAopP1qh36oko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lqqgxkAopP1qh36oko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_lqqgxkAopP1qh36oko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lmr8w48obJ1qh36oko1_500.jpg

tumblr_llzn80Y7HN1qh36oko1_500.jpg

TwitTheShred

Reaction score
This is one of the few threads i have botherd to read every page on.
My set up is piss poor atm and super untidy but i'll show it anyway. I plan on spending about £1500 within the next 2 mounths upgradeing everything so i'll do a updated picture in the next couple of mounths but i ashure you it'll be a drastic difference.

DSCF1010.jpg

My current set up. why i'm shareing this i really don't know.
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz, 2GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GT220 1GB, 160GB internal hardrive, 500GB external hardrive. 14inch CRT monitor, 4Gamers Sub attached to some old CD players speakers. GuitarPort audio interface, Behringer MiniMIC Modeling preamp, Sure C606 microphone, Korg microkey midi controller, Yamaya cs2x keyboard, various guitars. Sonar Pro 6 DAW, EZD, Guitar Rig 4 and a bunch of other vst's

At the end of the mounth i plan on upgrading my system to:
Intel Core i3 2100 3.10GHZ
8gig Ram
Nvidia Geforce GT220 1GB (current card)
1TB Internal hardrive
160GB Internal Hardrive (current)
500GB External Hardrive (current)

I know it's not exsactly top of the range stuff but it's all i can aford and i'm pretty certain that the system will be plenty enough power to handle the kind of recording project's i'm after.

At the end of this mounth i also intend to buy a 6 string bass and a Samsung C01 microphone.

At the end of the following mounth i intend to upgrade my speakers, interface and monitor.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
0918111714-00.jpg

My first home "Studio", I'm still learning how to produce so i take it it that i'm grateful to start out with these things :hbang:

Hopefully after im done with my Live setup i can get some M-Audio BX5as to replace my logitech 5.1 speakers. Also hope to get a interface as well!

decoy205

Reaction score
So many nice spaces in this thread! Amazing!

This is where I currently do most of my work:
DSC03033.jpg

DSC03038.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03041.jpg

-John

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey Nolly, just wondering what you like about the S3X-V's over the A7's. I'm thinking of upgrading over my Mackie MR8's and have been seriously considering going with Adam.

Crap, only just seen this, sorry dude!

The A7s are lovely monitors, and I'd thoroughly recommend them over pretty much anything in that pricerange. They have done me very well so far.

With that said, the S3Xs are in a completely different galaxy. The instrument separation and stereo imaging is ludicrous, but most startling is probably the transient detail you can hear that simply doesn't exist on most other speakers. You can hear even the slightest compression artifacts on your drums, and the lack of punch of over-compressed/limited mastering is incredibly apparent. Of course, the frequency response is extremely flat, and being able to hear a tone at 30Hz is incredible, but that's exactly what you expect from a high end monitor.
As a result of that they are unrelentingly, brutally revealing to the point that if all I wanted to do was listen to music, I would actually prefer to do so on the A7s (perhaps with a sub if the room could take it without sounding muddy). However, when it comes to really hearing what's going on in a mix, there's no question :)

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
The camera on my phone is the worst ever...but here's all set up in my new 1 bedroom apt :)

img0168aiq.jpg

Hammy

Sevenstringer
Reaction score
Never thought of showing off my setup, so here it is. The first pic was with my old pair of original Celestions T100's, good speakers but too 'open' for decent mixing:

studiob.jpg

This was the first thing I had to upgrade, so I aquired some very, very, very fkking nice B&W DM-602's (S2 with S1 tweeters). These are easily the best value for money monitors for $200~400. They're ultra punchy and are way nicer then anything KRK, ADAM, M-Audio can deliver for the money. The frequency-response is also ultra-broad. I did a test, and these (kevlar!!!) woofers came to around 45hz audible and un-muddied, that's extremely low for monitors. The top-frequency of the tweeters is around 35khz.

bmwjn.jpg
bmwjn.jpg

I'm building my new Studio spot right as we're speaking, doubling my deskspace and tripling my screen set-up to 3x24"(16:9) and one 24"(16:10) on top. I'm also saving up for a new audio-interface, since I want more inputs. Also on my list is a DI box, mixing board, monitor controller, dedicated clean power-amp and rackmounts for various equipment

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
My little setup, no monitors as of yet, just using my HD25-1 cans for now. I'll probably look at a pair of Adam A3X monitors when I get more serious, plus I'll need something decent for when my DAR FBM-PX arrives. :D I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 interface - you can't really see it in the pics but it's sitting on top of that PC tower, which has been gathering dust for almost a year now.

4adcdae4.jpg

cd889634.jpg

685739eb.jpg

That little space is for a Strymon BlueSky (maybe next month).

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
Expect to see my home studio in about a week or so.
Just waiting on the rack and a few more materials.
Gonna be awesome! :D

EDIT: Just received my MIDI full scale keyboard; And ordered my 2 Focal studio monitors, Logic Pro 9 Express, Superior Drummer, and my AxeFx II.
Everything should be in within this next week.

My new Macbook Pro with i7 is absolutely ridiculous. Just pgraded the RAM to 8GB and the harddrive to the 7200RPM.
This is going to be ridiculous.

Daemon

The Nocturnal Chaos
Reaction score
Little update for me !
Not a lot of things, but it's already good for my production ;)

298968_222758221114533_112857962104560_640796_1724866633_n.jpg

My Home Studio and Bedroom haha :)
Gear list :
- PC ( 4Go RAM, INtel Quadcore Q6600, 500Go HardDisk )
- M-Audio Bx5as Deluxe monitors
- PreSonus FireStudio Mobile firewire interface
- Superior Drummer 2.0
- Reaper
- PodFarm 2.5
- Ampeg SVX
- Shure SM57 microphone
- ESP ltd Deluxe M1000 guitar with two Bare Knuckle Aftermaths humbuckers on it.
- ENGL Powerball with Z5 Footswitch
- ENGL 2x12 with Celestion V30's cab

You can hear it on my latest cover : The Nocturnal Chaos on Soundcloud : Dypshoria Intro Cover

~ Ben

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
I've been working with ReadyAcoustics on a room treatment package. Got everything all spec'd out a while back, and installed them today. They are extremely detailed about everything, and the whole process was awesome. Came out really cool, so I figured I'd post some updated pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After I put them up, I could notice the difference before even playing any sound in this room. It's got that eerie "dead silence" in here now. It's like a crypt! It literally soaks up everything.

The lows are super tight and focused, the highs are extremely clear, and the stereo image is massive. These bass traps and high frequency panels cleaned up the sound in the room, in a big way.

Now I just need to learn how to mix properly! :lol: