So, Fallout 4...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I'll most likely be going with a glass cannon style build with rifles and pistols, also gonna need to find the most badass duster I can find. :lol: I dunno what perk levels I'll use but I'm sure I'll spend about an hour considering it while making my character (which will also take an hour...)

Duster is mandatory. I'm basically playing the same character I had in New Vegas :lol:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I don't usually play as a particular character type on my first build in a new Bethesda RPG. I just make something generic that isn't too specialized in any one thing, so I can get a feel for the game's mechanics and an idea of which skills will be better suited for what. I don't generally even finish the main quest or get too high in level with the first build, I just play it long enough to be comfortable with the game so that when I do start a more invested playthrough idea, I won't just be throwing him/her to the wolves :lol:.

Or rather, to the Deathclaws...

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
If you guys haven't grabbed it yet, Green Man Gaming has a 20% off code (SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING) that should help out a bit for you non-Americans. Wound up costing me $65 CAD instead of $80... should be around 67AUD?
Not to quote this again within the same 24 hours, but I just got an email from GMG saying that the season pass is also 22% off. Also, wish you woulda gave me your account or whatever as a referral so I could've gotten you some credits.

stevexc

Reaction score
Not to quote this again within the same 24 hours, but I just got an email from GMG saying that the season pass is also 22% off. Also, wish you woulda gave me your account or whatever as a referral so I could've gotten you some credits.

Nice! Is there a code for that? It's showing up as $29.99 for me, was hoping to double up if at all possible (probably not possible, haha).

Yeah, I could have done that, I suppose, but I didn't want to look like a shill :p If anyone else DOES want to, though, here's my referral link :p

BlueGrot

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a 4k screen before F4 is released...

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I don't usually play as a particular character type on my first build in a new Bethesda RPG. I just make something generic that isn't too specialized in any one thing, so I can get a feel for the game's mechanics and an idea of which skills will be better suited for what. I don't generally even finish the main quest or get too high in level with the first build, I just play it long enough to be comfortable with the game so that when I do start a more invested playthrough idea, I won't just be throwing him/her to the wolves :lol:.

Or rather, to the Deathclaws...

You're a more patient man than I. I'll dive head in without knowing anything because in-game, I dont know anything. For me, figuring everything out is part of the role playing experience. I want to go from an ignorant, confused vault survivor to a badass all in one go.

BlueGrot

Reaction score
I role play heavily. I won't be doing anything irl besides stomp roaches and chomp radaways until late 2016.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
You're a more patient man than I. I'll dive head in without knowing anything because in-game, I dont know anything. For me, figuring everything out is part of the role playing experience. I want to go from an ignorant, confused vault survivor to a badass all in one go.

It's worth remembering that my first build or two in a new BSoft game usually end up getting bricked by game-breaking bugs, because their new games tend to be barely playable for at least a month after release :lol:. That doesn't stop me from getting them on release day, but it's enough to keep me from getting too attached to my first few characters.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! Is there a code for that? It's showing up as $29.99 for me, was hoping to double up if at all possible (probably not possible, haha).

Yeah, I could have done that, I suppose, but I didn't want to look like a shill :p If anyone else DOES want to, though, here's my referral link :p
I was emailed the code the day after I preordered the game using the one you posted. Looks like it was a unique one for me only, sorry to get peoples' hopes up. :lol: But if anyone was considering getting it from GMG, now you know that they might offer you the season pass too.

stevexc

Reaction score
Also the Pip-Boy app is live! Obviously only demo mode works, but still!

Android

iOS

Windows phone to come later (but who cares, really :p)

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
I work the night of the midnight release. Luckily I work at Gamestop so I'm not too terribly upset about it. Definitely gonna have to skip class Tuesday though.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I'm guessing The Institute = some sort of remnant from MIT. Thoughts?

ferret

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much hinted at in even in Fallout 3.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I work the night of the midnight release. Luckily I work at Gamestop so I'm not too terribly upset about it. Definitely gonna have to skip class Tuesday though.

I work Monday morning, then after I get off, I pick up my PS4 (don't even have one yet haha) and wait there for the 9:01PM release of Fallout 4 (because i live a half hour away. Not worth the gas to go back and forth)