Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah the writeup makes it sound like Sugi only did the finishing.

“Strandberg partners with Sugi Guitars when crafting each breathtaking Boden J Artisan’s finish.”
Also, speaking of finishing, is this a finish bubble or just a light reflection? For 8 grand I'd like to make sure which.
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 10.24.51 AM.png

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
on sweetwater. no kidding
View attachment 136991
Ok, I actually understand this one. It's for little kids. Like, in tennis there is a movement called "quick start" that makes the game easier so kids stick with it. Same principle.

Guitar and tennis are super frustrating in the beginning. The easier we make it to get some positive results, the higher the chance they'll keep playing.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Ok, I actually understand this one. It's for little kids. Like, in tennis there is a movement called "quick start" that makes the game easier so kids stick with it. Same principle.

Guitar and tennis are super frustrating in the beginning. The easier we make it to get some positive results, the higher the chance they'll keep playing.
looks like that's what it is. thought it was a three sting djent stick

spudmunkey

Reaction score
When i pop the image into photoshop and boost the hell out of various adjustments, I dint get a hint of any surface articulation near that, so I'm leaning towards a light reflection, FWIW.
Also, speaking of finishing, is this a finish bubble or just a light reflection? For 8 grand I'd like to make sure which.
View attachment 136993

I remember one time, Kiesel posted a photo of a bright green metal flake sparkle guitar, and there was a bright red spot on it. There were a handful of folks livid about, "Oh my God how could you share a photo of a guitar with a damaged/chipped finish?!" It turned out to just be a reflection from a red illuminated exit sign. 😅

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Yeah the writeup makes it sound like Sugi only did the finishing.

“Strandberg partners with Sugi Guitars when crafting each breathtaking Boden J Artisan’s finish.”
This makes it sound like Sugi doesn't build guitars for Strandberg, though maybe there are small batches not included with this general overview:

We also work very closely with Dyna Gakki on guitars produced for the Japanese market. Although the volume produced here is much smaller than at PT Cort, the price points are much higher, and the lineup also includes the J Custom for guitars built to custom specs. Besides our frequent visits to Japan for development and QC purposes, technical oversight is provided by Nick Sugimoto of Sugi Guitars, a legend in the guitar industry who has designed some iconic guitars for the likes of Steve Vai and George Benson in the past, just to name a few.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
looks like a lot of fun to clean
71dVJ6VRwdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Alternatively: blast it with piss