Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since we're doing bonkers RGDs, this one is bonkers, right? Right? What am I missing?

I mean, it's a crazy high price, but it's not like there isn't the ability to throw an offer out there. I think folks confuse Reverb with a store, and even if it is a store selling it the idea is you price (crazy) high as a starting point for coming to a deal.

And hey, maybe some super fan with deep pockets just hits "Buy Now", why not?

But for real, if you're not posting stuff for at least 50% more than you want you're either doing it wrong or desperate these days.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean, it's a crazy high price, but it's not like there isn't the ability to throw an offer out there. I think folks confuse Reverb with a store, and even if it is a store selling it the idea is you price (crazy) high as a starting point for coming to a deal.

And hey, maybe some super fan with deep pockets just hits "Buy Now", why not?

But for real, if you're not posting stuff for at least 50% more than you want you're either doing it wrong or desperate these days.
Totally fair.

For me, it puts out a "I'm kinda' unreasonable" vibe from the seller, which makes me steer clear. In the event I have a problem with the guitar or need to return it, I'm trying to figure out if this person is a reasonable human being to work with.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Totally fair.

For me, it puts out a "I'm kinda' unreasonable" vibe from the seller, which makes me steer clear. In the event I have a problem with the guitar or need to return it, I'm trying to figure out if this person is a reasonable human being to work with.

This isn't the type of guitar that you go into thinking of customer service or returns. One-off artist toured customs are almost all about the risk for the opportunity to own something very special.

I mean, for like 1/5th of that you could have something pretty much identical built, but it wouldn't be that guitar.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Or you have something no one wants.... I've had stuff on Reverb/Marketplace/Craigslist that's not junk, that's reasonably priced and people still don't bite on.

I've also had people argue with me when I was going to sell my Dbird tell me it's a Droc (lol wut?) and say it's worth 1200. The used market got fucking weird in the last 10 years.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or you have something no one wants.... I've had stuff on Reverb/Marketplace/Craigslist that's not junk, that's reasonably priced and people still don't bite on.

I've also had people argue with me when I was going to sell my Dbird tell me it's a Droc (lol wut?) and say it's worth 1200. The used market got fucking weird in the last 10 years.

Obviously if it's something anyone can grab new it's not going to move. Plus there's so much stuff that gets hyped and crashes that sometimes you have to luck out and catch the wave at the right time.

You'll also always get tire kickers, low ballers, and folks that have no clue, but there's nothing new there.

I'm actually not surprised someone didn't know the difference between the D-Bird and D-Roc, there are folks who own multiple Dingwalls and still call them all one model. :lol: