SPAAAACE METAAAAAALLLL

• Thread starter Somnium
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Augury, Darkspace, Wormed, early Theory in Practice, and Mithras are the ones that come to mind most for me.

Darkspace just sounds like vacuum of space, it's ridiculous/insane.

Into Obsidian

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Reaction score
Also + 1000 to whoever mentionned Nocturnus
Holla at ya boi

muhammed-suicmez_37075.jpg

epsylon

Reaction score

The first time I heard this song it made me think instantaneously about Mass Effect.
Unfortunately it's only 2 minutes long...

BTW you guys forgot Arcturus' most epic space song ... KINETIC

"We escape space in order
to reach
our destinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatiiiooooooooooooooooon"

(God, this song is so intense it gives me the chills every time)

MartinMTL

Reaction score
Oh yeah, get the Mass Effect and Halo soundtracks! It may not be metal in any way, but it is very spacey (I mean they were made to go with the games). I don't care if it sounds lame, Halo II especially has amazing music!

...and at the moment I can't think of any other metal bands that haven't been mentioned already.

chimp_spanner

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Yeah Gojira are one of my favorite spacey bands. They have a sound so far removed from everything else, they literally sound alien at times.

linqua

Reaction score
now that i found this thread i cant stop until i check out all of the space metal in it.

and not metal, but this band is amazing and i highly recommend the album this is on "All is Violent, All is Bright"

Splenetic

Reaction score

Was just about to mention them!

Spaced out shit.....the album "Austral Alien"

First song is called "First Contact" and the lyrics are as follows:

You landed your ships on a foreign land. Discovered worlds you didn’t understand. A world full of creatures that you’ve never seen. Flora and fauna beyond your dreams. Seeking out a new world, exploit it as your own. Habitual resources expired. Choose the land of plenty. Observe and abduct, apply and extract. Reacting to different cultural extremities. Revel in isolation. Secrets unknown. Foreign being ritual. Invading their homes. You take without asking, you take without reason or consequence. Imposing cultural belief system, the masses in the palm of your hands. First contact from a new world, first contact from another life. First breeding of two worldly minds, first offspring to be left behind. Who made first contact? What made first contact? Where was first contact? This is first contact.

----------------- DOES NOT GET ANY MORE "SPACE METAL" THAN THIS!!

:hbang::hbang::hbang:

Latest posts