SS Love and Relationships Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
lol. It's just really cool that you feel this way and it's so apparent that you're feelings are genuine. You're both fortunate and I truly hope it lasts a lifetime. Sometimes takes a lotta years and a lotta failed relationships to reach this plateau as we all know. Such a great feeling to get to this point in a relationship. Cheers to you both!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
It really did take a lot to get here for both of us, but now that we're here, neither of us could be happier...it's pretty freakin' epic, dude. :D Thank you for your well-wishes, man!

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
Well it's been a while since my last update. The psycho ex dipped back into my life for a week or two when we ran into each other at the AAL/Intervals/Plini show. Of course, that was predictably disastrous. I think I finally convinced her to stop bothering me under the pretense of seeking closure.

In a strange twist, I have developed pretty strong feelings for someone unexpected. She and I are in a private FB group for sharing highly offensive and graphic content. She first popped up on my radar about a year and a half ago because her wit was right on my level. Our comments back and forth sometimes got flirtatious, but nothing serious. She lives very far away, I wasn't physically attracted to her based on her FB photos, and I was dating the psycho ex at the time (before I knew how crazy she was). So memes and comments was the extent of it for over a year.

But somewhere over the summer I decided to send her a friend request anyway and get to know her better. We started chatting, and over the course of the past 6 months we went from acquaintances, to friends, to close friends, to really really liking each other. She's still far away (lives in nowheresville Montana), but the more I've gotten to know her the more attractive she is to me. So there's going to be some travel in the near future to meet in person.

I know long distance relationships rarely work, but relocation is a bridge I'd cross if I came to it. We're not dropping L-bombs or anything. We want to see what it's like actually spending time together in real life before we call it a relationship, but it's been good for me psychologically to connect with someone again and I'm excited to see where this goes.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Well it's been a while since my last update. The psycho ex dipped back into my life for a week or two when we ran into each other at the AAL/Intervals/Plini show. Of course, that was predictably disastrous. I think I finally convinced her to stop bothering me under the pretense of seeking closure.

In a strange twist, I have developed pretty strong feelings for someone unexpected. She and I are in a private FB group for sharing highly offensive and graphic content. She first popped up on my radar about a year and a half ago because her wit was right on my level. Our comments back and forth sometimes got flirtatious, but nothing serious. She lives very far away, I wasn't physically attracted to her based on her FB photos, and I was dating the psycho ex at the time (before I knew how crazy she was). So memes and comments was the extent of it for over a year.

But somewhere over the summer I decided to send her a friend request anyway and get to know her better. We started chatting, and over the course of the past 6 months we went from acquaintances, to friends, to close friends, to really really liking each other. She's still far away (lives in nowheresville Montana), but the more I've gotten to know her the more attractive she is to me. So there's going to be some travel in the near future to meet in person.

I know long distance relationships rarely work, but relocation is a bridge I'd cross if I came to it. We're not dropping L-bombs or anything. We want to see what it's like actually spending time together in real life before we call it a relationship, but it's been good for me psychologically to connect with someone again and I'm excited to see where this goes.

.... YES MAN. :D Congrats! :agreed:

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
so much happiness in this thread!

I'll add some of my own, things are going really well with me and my girlfriend. Went and stayed at hers for New Year's, met her family who apparently liked me, and a bunch of her friends, who also did, which is a really nice feeling. I have an open invitation from her mum to stay over again :lol:

we dropped L-bombs a little while ago, we've not been together the longest time and I'd certainly be skeptical of someone in my position saying that, but it feels right. I'd had literally constant rejection from anyone I was ever interested in, and she had poor relationships, particularly a really toxic 3-year one with another girl after which she was single for 2 years until we met, and had assumed she was better off on her own. But neither of us have ever felt like this before, and we connect on every level, from spiritual outlook/family values to the stupid silly .... we joke about (not to mention she's ....ing gorgeous, and thinks I am too, for whatever reason :lol:)

I'm in a happy place. Whatever happens or wherever this goes or doesn't go, I'm happy, and I have hope. Everyone's gonna make it, brahs. We're all gonna make it

Time for some happy stuff for a change!
I proposed to my girlfriend on new year's, and she said yes :) So, wedding coming up :eek:

congrats man! hope you have a lovely future together

^^Ditto to the congratulations, p0ke! Knock 'em dead! :metal:

I've actually got some good news of my own to share in this thread for once lol...I'm not comfortable sharing a ton of details yet, but just know that I am deeply in love with a beautiful woman who loves me back just the same and gets me in such a complete and total way that it's almost scary, happier than I've been in years, and I am finally at peace inside. That last part especially is more important than I can even begin to express, and I'm sure that many of you who have read my posts over the years on this forum know how absolutely huge this is for me. I am currently writing a song for this girl, and just recorded the music to it last night, with vocals to come. I swear I am not trying to plug my music in a thread it shouldn't be plugged in, I just wanted to show you guys that even the music I write is happier-sounding now. :) Thank all of you guys, whether we've only passed a few words, or if you're one of the chatroom regulars I talk to on a daily basis, for being here for me to talk to before this girl came along. It's much appreciated. :metal:

https://soundcloud.com/brailledecibel/killing-the-worm

man that sounds ace, and the song is cool. not entirely my usual thing but it is nice :)

yessss! good stuff man. yeah, leave that ex stuff behind :lol:

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy", but my relationship has suddenly ended. Again, not gonna air a lot of dirty laundry here, but it was for the best, as it was a toxic situation for both of us in the end despite how great it seemed at the start. But I am just gonna soldier on and keep my head up and keep making music, so I guess I am not totally "that guy", if you get me...staying positive here... :yesway:

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy", but my relationship has suddenly ended. Again, not gonna air a lot of dirty laundry here, but it was for the best, as it was a toxic situation for both of us in the end despite how great it seemed at the start. But I am just gonna soldier on and keep my head up and keep making music, so I guess I am not totally "that guy", if you get me...staying positive here... :yesway:

Sorry to hear that, man. But if it's for the best, it sounds like you're on the right track.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Broke up with my girl yesterday, and she isn't taking it as well as I expected.
We're co-workers. When we started this whole thing we both made it very clear to each other that this was a casual thing, and if it worked, great; but we weren't super invested. If anything, she framed it like she was the one that was likely to leave me, and didn't want *my* feelings to get hurt.
About 6 months later, I realize I don't actually love this girl, I just really enjoy her company, and I should probably end things soon because she's started to get very serious and I don't want to have to do the awkward 'pretend' routine, you know? Like once you've figured it out, you've figured it out.

I mean I know breaking up always sucks and everyone here has probably had to do something like this at least once. Just sucks because I do really like her and feel really bad, not to mention we still need to work together and she is clearly quite upset.
Nothing spectacular really, just kinda needed to vent for a bit.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
^ Sounds to me like you did the right thing. Hopefully continuing to work together won't be too big of an issue.

ftr

Reaction score
Most of you might not remember, but the infamous ex of last year sent me a text yesterday asking if I was going to see Alcest next week. It was so weird and unexpected seeing a text from her. It has been a year since we last talked at all. She just sends a text out of no where casually asking if I am going to a show after a year of not talking. Who knows what it means, but one thing I do know, is that I am not going to reply. Haha, does she actually think I am going to respond to that?

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
Most of you probably don't remember or might not give af, but the infamous ex of last year sent me a text yesterday asking if I was going to see Alcest next week. It was so weird and unexpected seeing a text from her. It has been a year since we last talked at all. She just sends a text out of no where casually asking if I am going to a show after a year of not talking. Who knows what it means, but one thing I do know, is that I am not going to reply. Haha, does she actually think I am going to respond to that?

i'll go to Alcest with you. I'm a married dude, but they're on my bucket list

Gravy Train

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey all, I have been seeing this girl for almost a month now and she is absolutely amazing. My thing is, I was cheated on before and I just have a fear that I'll get hurt again (which is always a possibility). I just feel like it might be too good to be true..? We both like each other a lot, so I ask: Am I just being paranoid? Or are things this good usually too good to be true? Trying to not make myself go crazy here.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Hey all, I have been seeing this girl for almost a month now and she is absolutely amazing. My thing is, I was cheated on before and I just have a fear that I'll get hurt again (which is always a possibility). I just feel like it might be too good to be true..? We both like each other a lot, so I ask: Am I just being paranoid? Or are things this good usually too good to be true? Trying to not make myself go crazy here.
It might be too good to be true, but for most people, loving and getting hurt is better than spending life alone. Don't be naive, but don't live in fear of betrayal either.

flint757

Reaction score
It might be too good to be true, but for most people, loving and getting hurt is better than spending life alone. Don't be naive, but don't live in fear of betrayal either.

As someone with way more mobility and freedom than my married friends and my friends with children I disagree. :lol:

Being single is life on easy mode. Not having to capitulate to other people's will is quite nice.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Being single is life on easy mode. Not having to capitulate to other people's will is quite nice.

This.

99.999% of my choices affect only myself at the end of the day, so not having to navigate someone else's feelings and life situations makes everything MUCH easier.

That said, I've grown pretty bored of that ease and I know a good chunk of my decision to be single is out of not wanting someone else to have the power to hurt me, I'd rather just not even give them the option by keeping them out; which isn't healthy at all.