SSO Group Buy

• Thread starter r3tr0sp3ct1v3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
i own multiple teles with over 27" scales, they're plenty comfy for me provided they have a good forearm contour and belly cut. the rfr one i posted previously is one i made with a warmoth baritone neck 28 5/8"scale.
the difference between 25.5 and 27" scale is like having one extra fret basically.

also i can't believe people are calling a tele a niche shape, it's not like i was saying "we should do the bc rich stealth shape".

I'd wager SS outsells the Tele 2:1 at the least. But yeah a Tele 7 string is awfully niche, SS 7 strings are mostly in production for a reason they sell more.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Lol I was actually joking about all of this but if this is something we want to do maybe we could try to get a special ibanez RGD run or something. I can ask @zimbloth if that would be a possibility or not.
I was helping joke about it even but then Max branched it off into its own thread and I realized maybe this could actually be real lol

zimbloth mentioned doing another Ibanez RGD run in a more acceptable color (current one is yellow). I'm all for the exact specs of the current model other than color actually. Yellow is just too much for me. Any other color would be fine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
non strat idea....

iron bird
ss frets (24)
1 vol knob
h h conf.
no pup rings
reverse head stock
head stock to match body color

you guys add to it

A-Branger

Reaction score
I havent fully read the whole topic but for the op

just a friendly reminder that WMI is not a shop like lets say Kiesel/Warmoth. Its not a "heres our specs list, choose what you want". Nope. They are a "give me YOUR specs and we build", factory

Meaning, IF, and IF for whatever reason you manage to get a bunch of people on board and agree on specs, you still need to give them the blue prints of what you want to get build. You would need someone to design a guitar and give them the CAD files, and make a prototype, agree on terms, ect ect..... Then where do they get shipped?, again they are not a shop, they are a factory, so who would be responsible to get 200 guitars shipped in, and then organize and ship those individualy to people

and becasue you are not a a big brand, not only that the build spot theya re going to give you would be many months away, but chances are you might get pushed by bigger brands if something happens. Then who takes the blame for delays

and you need a minimum build, I think its close to 200 guitars

Honestly, forget about WMI, you best chce to make a SSO guitar is to go with lets say Warmoth, on a soloist body with a 28" conversion neck, and make a group buy big enough so Warmoth would design a one of a kind finish/wood combo for you guys in body/neck, and maybe even routed for Hipshop since they dont offer that on stock.

taht or go with Solar, Ormsby, Chapman, Sully, Jerico, or any other small brand go uses WMI for runs, so you guys can make a SSO exclusive run. OR talk with the Axe palace, Brian guitars, or any other shop like that who does special runs of Ibanez, PRS SE's or LTDs

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
@A-Branger You're playing the game wrong. If we're going to be realistic about all of this, we all know it's going to end up being Agile IF a single guitar was to come of this thread.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Meaning, IF, and IF for whatever reason you manage to get a bunch of people on board and agree on specs, you still need to give them the blue prints of what you want to get build. You would need someone to design a guitar and give them the CAD files, and make a prototype, agree on terms, ect ect.....
What's Darren up to these days?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It'd be 40 pages arguing over scale length before settling on a 26.8-27.2" fan after averaging all the requests. Everyone will agree it's too long and too short on both ends.

We'll have a lot of talk about the colour before realising the reason Ibanez makes all their guitars in black is that it pleases the most people.

At the start of the process Fishmans will still be the flavour of the month pickups, but by the end there is a new favourite from a company we don't expect. Probably Mooer.

After the specs and price are finalized the forum finally agrees on something: to just buy a used Prestige.

Could we do a group run on used prestiges?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
What's Darren up to these days?

He should try an ultra marathon. It's a group run that few people can deliver on, so I imagine he'd be a natural.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
We could just do a run with Ibanez to be honest. I'm not sure if they would actually do one with a forum since we aren't a dealer, but I'd be down for something like that. Or maybe @Ola Englund would do an SSO run with Solar guitars? That would be pretty cool too.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
We could just do a run with Ibanez to be honest. I'm not sure if they would actually do one with a forum since we aren't a dealer, but I'd be down for something like that. Or maybe @Ola Englund would do an SSO run with Solar guitars? That would be pretty cool too.
If we're doing Ibanez, I suggest an 8 string RG, HSH, pick guard, ash body, maple top, wenge neck and fretboard, Lo Pro 8, and gold hardware.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
This is a project, I propose we set a budget first to get the filter started.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Okay guys we need to do one with a bunch of bevels and a super nice top that we cut 1/4 of it off for the bevel but still charge a significant upcharge. Onviously it needs to be headless, have fishmans, have a baked maple neck and board