Sup, new guy here with a serious question bout 1st 7 string

• Thread starter Steelemiles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steelemiles

Reaction score
Whats up guys, ima new guy on this site and i have a serious question. I was at the guitar store today and i seen a Dean 7string (idk what model) and it was used and selling for $150. I played it without an amp and it seemed fine. Any suggestions? They would be greatly appreiciated. Thank guys :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sebastian

Reaction score
:welcome:

It could be a Vendetta
images_list_8_360_35909_1.jpg

The price isn't bad, if you like it thats cool :)

Reaction score
Hey man, PM me on here. I'm a tech & gear junkie (have been for years) and I could give you the low-down and my semi-professional opinion on a Dean 7-string. (I could also ask a local luthier who lives near me - he knows a lot too.)

Steelemiles

Reaction score
:welcome:

Can you describe the Dean if it's not a Vendetta?

It has the wings on the headstock and it duznt have EMGz or anything fancy. Personally it looks rather cheap. Ive heard that you can basically get a decent sounding guitar if you pay around $800. Well i dont have $800 to pull out my ass lol :ugh:
The next thing im wnt to know is how do i get an amp and gear to make it sound kinda like Periphery. Like kinda like the AXE FX (which i love):hbang:

Steelemiles

Reaction score
Hey man, PM me on here. I'm a tech & gear junkie (have been for years) and I could give you the low-down and my semi-professional opinion on a Dean 7-string. (I could also ask a local luthier who lives near me - he knows a lot too.)

Any help is needed and is greatly appreciated. I know how to play (not to blow my own horn) put pretty well, but idk anything about gear, guitars, whats good, and how to read music....lol :scratch:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
:)

As far as a Vendetta (if that's what it is), I've played one and it was good, for a beginner 7 string it's not a bad idea.
It didn't sound really that bad at all. Sounded good from what I remember.

I mean you could always look out for a cheap Washburn 7 string (they're pretty cool for a beginner 7) or Ibanez.

Hope you find a good 7 string guitar!

God Bless, Xiphos68