Super Smash Brothers 4 coming this summer (3DS) and winter (WiiU)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
So just a thought...

The new Final Destination stage is awfully reminiscent of Soulcalibur. And Namco Bandai make Soulcalibur. Could we be getting come characters from that franchise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
so pumped for this game.. Very big competitive scene behind it. I may buy a wii U for it actually, but will definitely get the 3ds version even if its not as competitive.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ever since this game was announced, I've been pumped about it, and, along with whatever Zelda comes out for it, it'll be another solid reason for me to get a Wii U. However, after the last Nintendo Direct, I literally went all

hqdefault.jpg

Pumped isn't even a word. I think I'm just gonna end up getting it for the 3DS, and then, whenever I save up enough for a Wii U, I'll get it for the Wii U.

With that said, I can't really see Ridley as a playable character. However, Ghirahim... I'd be all over that shit. :eek:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is the best thing I've seen in a while:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Rumor: Pac-Man, Mii and Many Others Still Coming to Smash Bros | GenGAME

A tipster from last year is back with even more potential playable characters from the new Smash Bros game. Last year, Gematsu was tipped off prior to E3 about six new characters. Those six characters were: Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Mega Man, The Villager, Pac-Man and Mii. So far, all but Pac-Man and Mii have been confirmed.
Gematsu has received yet another email from the same tipster, who claims Pac-Man and Mii are still coming. Not only that, but they were also tipped off about even more characters.

Shulk (Xenoblade)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y (Mega Charizard and Greninja already confirmed)
None of this information is confirmed and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Source: Maximilian Dood Youtube Channel

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I could see all of those, although Shulk seems like a mildly odd choice unless they're also going to include someone from X.

Also, Pacman? Hm. Curious how he'd work :spock:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They're probably using him because of the connection with Namco. I do wonder which Pac-Man they'd use if it's true.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm gonna miss Ike (assuming I'm ever around someone with a Wii U to play it, that is).

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ike was my main man, right next to Falco. Was slow as shit, but his smash attacks were the best in the game.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I disagree with the guy in the video. The Villager from Animal Crossing is someone who I figured was a no-brainer for this game, and probably should have been in Brawl. And Wii Fit Trainer is a pretty logical choice considering how popular that game was and how recognisable the character is. Then the Mii has been in recent Mario Karts and the Wii Sports games so that's an obvious choice. I'd be genuinely surprised if the Mii isn't a character. The only character I don't see being in the game is Pac-Man because I have no idea what sort of move set he'd have, and he really isn't that relevant a character anymore.

I want to know if we'll see Lucas returning.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Ike was my main man, right next to Falco. Was slow as shit, but his smash attacks were the best in the game.

Ike, Wolf, Marth, and Lucas (but only the ginger color, ofc.) Ike himself is a fatass, but aside from his epic and incredibly brutal (second only to Ganondorf) smashes, he has a number of quick moves to keep things changing :cool:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I disagree with the guy in the video. The Villager from Animal Crossing is someone who I figured was a no-brainer for this game, and probably should have been in Brawl.

I think Sakurai has said before that he scrapped Villager for Brawl, which is why people think this. Given the huge success of New Leaf, I think he changed his mind.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I think Sakurai has said before that he scrapped Villager for Brawl, which is why people think this. Given the huge success of New Leaf, I think he changed his mind.

Did he say why he scrapped Villager? He had a stage for the character, too. Unless they ran out of time, or something, I don't really see why they'd take such a character out. Wild World was a pretty popular game.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Then he mustn't have played any of the Animal Crossing games. I think I tried chopping down more NPCs than trees with that axe. Or leaving a field of pitfall traps in front of someones house, though, at least those made the cut.