Super Smash Brothers 4 coming this summer (3DS) and winter (WiiU)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I really wasn't expecting anymore updates until E3 for this game. I figured they'd just announce the rest of the lineup in one giant 2 hour SSBFWUa3DS Nintendo Direct.

Cool that Ike's back, now it's time to announce Roy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Having Roy in the roster would be great. He still is my main character in Melee.

Good news about Ike, too. He's not a main of mine, but I like him a lot and I'm familiar with his moves. I'm happy to be able to use him in this game.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I find it kind of odd that they haven't announced old characters like Captain Falcon or Ness. I mean, they've been in every other game, so they'll be in the game, along with the likes of Ganondorf and Falcon, just it's funny they haven't announced them. These days, Captain Falcon is more a SSB character than he is an F-Zero character.

Unless there's a new F-Zero game coming out and they want to make a big splash at E3?

Also, I see no reason not to have every character that has appeared in the series in the game. Bring back Mewtwo, Dr Mario, Pichu and Young Link, as well as Roy. Also, Plusle and Minun should be in the game. Pickachu/Pichu meets Ice Climbers.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

Wii U Gamecube controller adapter! And hopefully, they'll make some more GC controllers, because mine are wearing out and there are still GC games I want to play.

thevisi0nary

Reaction score
really though who cares about this, there are a thousand good characters they could add to this that they wont. Everything was progress up until this point, now it will just be more of the same.

at first i thought this was the confirmed character list, and i was EXTREMELY excited but too bad nintendo cant do anything for og fans.
Super Smash Brothers 4 characters

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
really though who cares about this, there are a thousand good characters they could add to this that they wont. Everything was progress up until this point, now it will just be more of the same.

I'd save the bitching until the entire roster is released, probably at E3.

thevisi0nary

Reaction score
I'd save the bitching until the entire roster is released, probably at E3.

I doubt worthy characters like those from golden sun or any bad guy from mega man will be in the game. Im aware im whining a bit and that putting in mii and wii fit trainer are good for marketing but i cant deny to myself what the game would be like if they put nintendo characters that were made for fighting.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
^Mr Game & Watch is one of the most OG Nintendo characters ever, and he is not made for fighting.

The game will be better off with interesting new characters doing interesting new things. It's a game about Nintendo characters, so Wii Fit Trainer is just as relevant as Mario.

As cool as a Golden Sun character would be, I don't think the franchise is significant enough in Nintendo's history. Mega Man characters would be cool, but it was probably enough work just to get Mega Man himself in the game as a playable character.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
at first i thought this was the confirmed character list, and i was EXTREMELY excited but too bad nintendo cant do anything for og fans.
Super Smash Brothers 4 characters

LOL at that list. Altair. Gordon Freeman. Kratos. wat. Whoever made that list was likely drunk. :lol:

In any case, I, for one, am happy with the current roster. I never expected the more obscure characters and franchises to make an appearance (although that's always really cool). Honestly, it still surprises me until today that Solid Snake made it into Brawl :lol: he feels so off being in there. Even then, there are quite a few cool new features that I'd love to try out and that I feel enhance a lot of the gaming experience.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I was looking through that list and laughed when I saw Akari Hayami!

Wave Race would not work in Smash Bros...

Though, now that we're talking about it, new Wave Race game, please?

thevisi0nary

Reaction score
^Mr Game & Watch is one of the most OG Nintendo characters ever, and he is not made for fighting.

The game will be better off with interesting new characters doing interesting new things. It's a game about Nintendo characters, so Wii Fit Trainer is just as relevant as Mario.

As cool as a Golden Sun character would be, I don't think the franchise is significant enough in Nintendo's history. Mega Man characters would be cool, but it was probably enough work just to get Mega Man himself in the game as a playable character.

i do agree with this as game and watch is one of my favorite brawl characters. It will be good i was upset initially.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
GenGAME Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter Revealed by Nintendo, New Super Smash Bros. Tournament Details

Semi-related.

wii_u_gamecube_adapter.0_cinema_1920.0.jpg

TSfQ1Nh.png

If this isn't TOO expensive, I don't have to worry about blowing like $180 on 3 Pro controllers.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Can't you only use one pro controller per WiiU anyways, so why buy extras?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, 99% sure that's the case and everyone else can use either the regular WiiMote/Nunchuk or Classic Controller

Silver lining: you just saved $180 by NOT buying them?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
True. :lol: I already have a Wii Motion Plus remote and a classic pro controller. Could probably buy another WMP + CP controller if the time arises.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
You can use up to 4 Pro Controllers at once.

I have, like, 6 GC controllers, probably 8 Wiimotes and a Classic Controller. Don't have one of the Pro controllers yet, but my roommate has one and it's awesome. I was kind of excited for getting a bunch of them.