Superior Drummer Q&A

• Thread starter Winspear
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Yes, they are. All my EZx and SDX's from SD2 work on SD3. I have metal machinery, which is cool, but the Prog Foundry is the best sounding of all to me. 17 snares and all the shells sound great.

Thanks man, I'll probably be buying one this weekend. Need to get on SD3 and the website to preview them all to see what is best for me. Have not heard many clips yet but the thing that appealed to me for MM was Andy Sneap, I love his work and those are kind of the sounds I may need.

Not that progressive won't work, I am sure it would but I am more into older 90's metal/hardcore/death metal type of stuff.

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll probably be buying one this weekend. Need to get on SD3 and the website to preview them all to see what is best for me. Have not heard many clips yet but the thing that appealed to me for MM was Andy Sneap, I love his work and those are kind of the sounds I may need.

Not that progressive won't work, I am sure it would but I am more into older 90's metal/hardcore/death metal type of stuff.

Yeah, see if you can find some clips. I haven't worked with MM in a while, but it is good. My favorite thing about Prog Foundry is the rim shots on the snare are soo damn good. They have so much attack and so much body. They just sound like they were hit better than most of the other libraries.
Here's the last thing I did with Prog Foundry: A quick cover of KSE's Life to Lifeless, if you want to hear those drums in a mix context, for what it's worth.
https://soundcloud.com/a-different-logic/killswitch-engage-life-to-lifeless-cover-feat-josh-clark

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Yeah, see if you can find some clips. I haven't worked with MM in a while, but it is good. My favorite thing about Prog Foundry is the rim shots on the snare are soo damn good. They have so much attack and so much body. They just sound like they were hit better than most of the other libraries.
Here's the last thing I did with Prog Foundry: A quick cover of KSE's Life to Lifeless, if you want to hear those drums in a mix context, for what it's worth.
https://soundcloud.com/a-different-logic/killswitch-engage-life-to-lifeless-cover-feat-josh-clark

Wow that is incredible. Singer is amazing.

I would definitely be happy with these kind of results for self recordings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jerm

Reaction score
you use SD3.0 Tracker to analyze audio tracks. You could then export the MIDI from SD3.0 into the track in Reaper or keep it in SD3.0. I like to bring it into Reaper instead. So yes, you can take MIDI out of SD3.0 and bring it into Reaper. You'll want to delete it from SD3.0 afterwards or else it'll play both sets of MIDI items I believe.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I"m glad I found this thread before I made my own.
- I don't own any Superior Drummer software, but I'm thinking about it, Steven Slate, Get Good Drums etc.
- I'm trying to figure out if SD3 (or any others) can slave to MTC in their standalone versions. Trying to do this is becoming a pain in the ass.

- The basic Idea here is to use one of these programs on a laptop that is slaved to an external machine via either MTC or Clock and use the laptop as a glorified drum machine.

- Any ideas?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Ok, From what I can tell it's not possible, unless that's been updated at some point. Does anyone know of an application that can do this?

Latest posts