US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See, in all your “I’m trying to find a way to tear you down” points you ended up contradicting yourself.

Support frame for the towers was going to have to be replaced in about 5 years, I got it done ahead of time so I wouldn’t have to worry about it down the road. Because we’re not cheap, we get shit done.

And the cooling towers are already back on the roof and that portion of the job is complete, but I like how you’re trying to inform me of the work I already did to get this job completed.

View attachment 142779
Again, I'll repeat. Easy to just watch that happen. Also, looks like the base dunnage is still there. So, you only did a partial replacement. If that is the case, that is incredibly dumb not replacing those bottom beams if you are going through the trouble of lifting the cooling towers off the roof and putting them back. Replacing anything with 5 years of service life left is complete ineptitude on your part. That's a fireable offense.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fuck no. My hands aren't clean. Just cleaner than yours. I try to do right by people and the planet. You are just a baby facist.
How much time do you spend volunteering? You ever go down and join volunteer river or park cleanup crews on a Saturday morning? Volunteer at a homeless shelter? How exactly are you doing right by people and the planet? Just talking about this stuff does not count. I think these are fair questions to anyone that claims what you are claiming. I'm willing to bet that I do a lot more of that stuff than you do. Not bad for someone you think is a Fascist. Oh, here is a tip. You kinda look like an ass when you call someone a fascist and can't even spell it right.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
... oh no. Rev just got fired.

Sorry Rev, you're untrainable...

1000_F_76139059_dKyt1JOk1ePXLVINPz5hJLVWIit6FO3j.jpg

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
How much time do you spend volunteering? You ever go down and join volunteer river or park cleanup crews on a Saturday morning? Volunteer at a homeless shelter? How exactly are you doing right by people and the planet? Just talking about this stuff does not count. I think these are fair questions to anyone that claims what you are claiming. I'm willing to bet that I do a lot more of that stuff than you do. Not bad for someone you think is a Fascist. Oh, here is a tip. You kinda look like an ass when you call someone a fascist and can't even spell it right.
Ooops. Mispelled e werd. maid ann edzt fer y

To be fair, your wife's head bumped my phone.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I feel that is what we should be pondering on.
You basically implied that cruelty is ok if it's routine. "It's just the way it is, the way it's always been", right? Routine and tradition don't justify cruelty. "That's part of the rural lifestyle" doesn't justify cruelty. It's still cruelty. And it's still heinous to defend it as such.

And, for the record, I've spend a decent amount of time on farms and with farmers, and no, they don't regularly shoot their dogs or any other unnecessarily cruel thing like that.

It's one thing to say that continuing to buy groceries makes a person complicit in whatever cruelty comes from that whole chain (noting that complicity and endorsement are very different), but that's a pretty giant leap from there to "yeah, it's fine for farmers to shoot their dogs".

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You basically implied that cruelty is ok if it's routine. "It's just the way it is, the way it's always been", right? Routine and tradition don't justify cruelty. "That's part of the rural lifestyle" doesn't justify cruelty. It's still cruelty. And it's still heinous to defend it as such.

And, for the record, I've spend a decent amount of time on farms and with farmers, and no, they don't regularly shoot their dogs or any other unnecessarily cruel thing like that.

It's one thing to say that continuing to buy groceries makes a person complicit in whatever cruelty comes from that whole chain (noting that complicity and endorsement are very different), but that's a pretty giant leap from there to "yeah, it's fine for farmers to shoot their dogs".
You can't have varying standards of cruelty. That's all too convenient for you. Food industry slaughters who knows how many animals daily but we are going to pull out the torches and pitchforks because Noem shot a dog probably 20 or so years ago? That makes no sense. I'm not condoning anything she did. But, that stuff does happen in those settings. I have a friend who retired to FL from rural Oregon and he talks about shit like that all the time. Not that he was offing animals for no reason. But, if your dog is attacking your livestock, you are going to pull out your rifle.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Kind of funny in that I would like a cat, but here in Japan the practice of declawing cats is not common and I think generally frowned upon. That makes it tough to get apartment approval, or have spaces separated enough to keep them away from expensive things they can destroy. As the adage here goes: foreigners, pets, or musical instruments: choose at most 2. As an American, eh, I'm pretty fine with declawing and I would probably go that route, but I would be kind of more the barbarian for it.

Meanwhile in actual America you can shoot your dog for misbehaving and strangers will come out of the woodwork to support you for it. What a crazy hill to die on.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love the Yellowstone episode when Dutton tells the animal rights activist woman that all that soy that is planted and harvested kills all sorts of moles, voles, snakes, etc.

Vegans hands aren't clean. No ones are.
You moron, you kill more plants by eating meat. You moron, also, the argument isn't "the only way to be ethical is to be perfect".

This guy.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Despite the fact that Drew would rush to his defense, my grandfather was shitty for drowning kittens in a burlap sack on the farm