The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I am calling my lawyer tomorrow.

But, I am sure somehow or someway things will get better. That's what my intuition tells me, call me crazy, but I got this feeling things will be done the way they are supposed to be done. Just need to wait a bit...

Well, I am really annoyed, I don't really know how to express myself and I have really mixed feelings with the whole thing. Or even better, I don't know how I should feel about it. Cause I have talked to the guy many times, etc. Maybe cause, if all he is going through is true, have me soften a bit. He has delivered guitars in the past and I am sure he will do so again, I really don't know what to say and feel. Mental illness is a really fucked up thing and probably it's one of the things in the world that scares me the most.

Last edited:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
$12k and you're just annoyed? :lol:

I imagine it's more of a "It's been coming for a while" type situation. If I knew slowly over the course of a couple months, I'd be pissed but not nearly as pissed as if I just got an email reading:

Dear Concerned Individual,

ur boned lulz

Sincerely,
A Sincere Man

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
I imagine it's more of a "It's been coming for a while" type situation. If I knew slowly over the course of a couple months, I'd be pissed but not nearly as pissed as if I just got an email reading:

Dear Concerned Individual,

ur boned lulz

Sincerely,
A Sincere Man

I totally agree with you, but different people have different point of views, right?

Maybe I am used to the whole thing, I waited that long maybe I can wait even longer. I am a compassionate person by nature, I forgive easily, I like helping people (sounds weird saying that, but since this is kind of a faceless behing the computer situation, I can actually say it) and I find myself many times being a sucker (both in a good way or a bad way).

If people get the idea of "I don't give a damn about the $12k I invested", it's not true, but there are so many other things running in my life at the same time that maybe I don't really wanna get worried a lot about this situation either. I am quite a stressful person when I take things seriously.

Soap Opera, lol.

Pascal-Darrell

Reaction score
I´ll also talk to a lawyer in the next days. Will see what we international guys can do. I guess it won´t be easy from Europe.

Oh man that´s all so fucked up... :wallbash:

I´m a student and this was supposed to be my first custom build, so this is really serious money for me. Thankfully I haven´t paid in full yet (only deposit and BKP+shipping), regardless 1k is not something where I can say "alright, shit happens" and move on... :noplease:

If you guys are going to do some sort of jointly law suit then please post it here a few days in advance !!! I´ll most likely join in ;)

Nonetheless I really hope that Bernie will recover soon and everything will turn out "ok/good" for all of us.

HRC51

Reaction score
I think I just heard a giant flushing sound. It included my fully paid money and my almost complete guitar.

I do feel bad for the Rico family; however, I cannot excuse being lied to over the phone multiple times. He took too many orders and stalled too many times to garner sympathy.

I would love a refund. If not, please let me have the guitar and the un-assembled hardware. I can do the assembly and setup myself. No, I am not concerned with Mr. Rico objecting to someone else finishing the guitar with his name on it. Right now, I have doubts that he even did the woodwork.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Right now, I have doubts that he even did the woodwork.

Bernie has never (I believe) done the woodwork himself. It's always been a separate place, San Diego was the location named by a few people I talked to a while back. Bernie was always open about this, which is why he'd say stuff like "I had to fire the wood guy because he wasn't finishing builds" or "I just got your build in from the woodshop".

E: Though when he'd go on one of his "I do everything myself and no one else can do it so that's why I can't have your guitar done" rants he'd always fail to mention that wood and paint (and probably more) were absolutely not done by him.

Khoi

Reaction score
god damn, I don't want to go this way, if I could just pick up my guitar and hardware, I'd be more than happy to send it to someone to finish it up.

Mine has been paid in full in January when it was supposed to be done, and supposedly it needed a refinish, which I haven't heard anything about since.

The thing I'm most worried about is whether or not the guitars are even in the condition to be finished now, as it seems they've just been sitting there for so long. Who knows how much they've been warped and damage? I'm guessing a lot of them might even be at the point that they need to be rebuilt, and historically speaking, that's happened a lot in this run.

If you think you're guitar will be finished, I think you're being naively optimistic. I really don't see Bernie coming out of this soon, getting back in the shop, and finishing a guitar within the next year.

If I can get my guitar, I'd be happy. If I can get a full refund, I'd be ecstatic.

killertone

Reaction score
I said I wanted my guitar in whatever state it was in probably 30 or 40 pages ago in the thread. Way before all of this other stuff began. I still want that. If it happened I would walk away and they would never hear from me again. One would think that the family would want that as the high levels customer dissatisfaction has to be one of the factors that led to Bernie's deteriorating mental state.

My guitars are paid in full. Profit in pocket.

I think Bernie would send out emails for final payments when he needed cash. Sort of like his own personal ATM. It didn't really matter if he was working on your particular guitar at the time only that he needed cash.

AusTexCap

Reaction score
Count me in on any action that gets taken. I have filed complaints with the BBB, IC3, FTC, and California Attorney General.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
I really feel for you guys and hope you get something out of this .
One thing that would worry me is that if he is paying rent on that work shop then is it still being paid ? If it isn't who knows what happens next .
I'm not stirring thing up but would just like to see all your angles covered .

I seriously hope something good comes out of all this.

spawnsc

Reaction score
It felt real good explaining to my wife that I might have lost our money in this deal... the disappointment in her face makes me want to kick Bernie in the ass even more. I'm going to speak with a Lawyer that's employed at my work for advice. I'm also filing a complaint with my local PD.

aiur55

Reaction score
I do feel bad for Bernie and his family if this situation was true. However, I do want my money back and would be like to be notified of how the legal situation is sitting. I do live in Canada though so I guess I am with the international crowd on this on. If anyone knows if we can do anything please PM me.

Good luck to you all.