The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

paddy

Reaction score
Has anyone asked for proof that Bernie is in a mental facility? I know that the two times a friend of mine checked himself in there was all sorts of paperwork to prove it to his boss, the bank etc. I would think that at this point some proof of his whereabouts should be given to those owed guitars. They can blank out the name of he hospital or whatever but after all this nonsense, it should be offered up.

Yep, I've wondered the same thing as well. After all the BS he's given throughout time, what makes any one believe that this time he's telling the truth (I'm seeing some people believing the story so readily)??
Maybe it's just a convenient excuse just to buy more time and grind people into submission.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aiur55

Reaction score
1 guitar.

Yea, proof about this would be good. Even if we get proof, he could be doing this just to escape some of the flak he caught. You can't be too cautious nowadays with trusting people.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
And in regards to what the guy said above, people could look up who owns the building and see what can be wiggled out of them however if the landlord is as pissed off and fed up as all of you, I wouldnt expect to be getting any merchandise out of the building, plus who's to say that if this person did let someone in they wouldnt take a nicer guitar than owed or lie and say there's two guitars owed etc, I really really dont see that happening at all because there's no proof that you own any specific instrument in the building apart from an email ordering it. Who's to say there isnt someone that ordered the same thing before you did and the other guys got done before yours got started. All in all, bad plan on that front.

I never said one person go to the landlord and try to get in. Obviously that would not work for the reasons you mention and more.

I said you guys need to contact the building owner or property manager. Is BJR is in fact behind on the rent? And since he apparently has no more employees, is not making guitars and sending them out at any rate per day, has had a family member tell you he is in a medical facility among all the other excuses it seems to me he probably is not paying the building owner to "store" your guitars until he is "feeling better". What have you guys estimated he took in? $200K+ or more? Who knows, maybe he is paying the building owner to store your guitars and the blacked out windows are something exclusive to the BJR magic?

This has been going on how long since anyone actually saw BJR in his shop? With employees? Isn't when the employees left the time the guitars slowed to a stop almost shipping wise and the quality declined?

Things have been at a stop for so long I can't imagine he has been paying the rent. And if he hasn't, he either is smart enough to have removed his "assets" a.k.a. "your guitars" and any equipment he actually owned or was renting before he entered a medical facility OR he left it all in the building thinking things would somehow be ok. But they don't seem to be for anyone.

I feel for the people still hoping. Also, it is just the principle. I think you guys need to get together, if you care to, and do some legwork or pay someone professional to do it. For a good investigator finding out if your guitars are in the building owners possession or BJR's should be a one or two day deal billing hours wise. Worth it to you? I dunno and some have already said it is not worth it to them they have written it off as a loss. Maybe you could write it off as a bad loan on taxes [ask a tax pro] since you gave but never received.

But if you DO want to know I think you will have more success as an organized group rather then individuals. Chip in for a known forum member, no, a couple or more persons able to drive by BJR's shop and take pictures and post them here. Knock on some doors around the shop and ask nicely. Do not display anger at BJR to others. Be sincerely grateful for any information. Same time, write a letter to the building owner or property manager AS A GROUP. State your numbers [how many of you have been affected], give them as many contact avenues to as many of you as you can. Do not make threats or display hostility to them. They will read between the lines of your asking as a group that BJR is facing possible legal actions. You just want to know if BJR vacated the property and left it vacant or if the building owner seized a lot of guitars and parts [because if they did obviously BJR is not doing business there]. Leave a door open for them to share anything else they may want that would be helpful to you as a group. They may be unhappy with BJR too and blow off a little steam by giving you helpful information.

Dommak89

Reaction score
Just a quick suggestion for the matter of "how many guitars still need to be made". Why don't you guys do it like in the thread with the 1 million pushups. Basically always adding the numbers, so you don't have to go through the thread to count them. It's just a suggestion though.

Majkel

Reaction score
It's a long shot, and depending on his relationship with Bernie he might keep his cards close, but has anyone tried contacting the paint guy who worked with Bernie in the shop? Sounds like lots of people have come and gone, but that guy has been there with him the entire time... He might have something to add to the situation?

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
Since we're doing research, here's a nice one I just stumbled across:

B.C. Rich Files Suit Against Moser Custom Shop

Like father like son, it would seem.
From what I've been told, Bernie Sr was a grade A asshole and he never gave (enough) credit to the original designers. Mockingbird, Bich, Seagull, Beast, Virgin... Neither Sr nor Jr have, to my knowledge, ever built a full guitar. They're businessmen first and foremost.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Since we're doing research, here's a nice one I just stumbled across:

B.C. Rich Files Suit Against Moser Custom Shop

Like father like son, it would seem.

From what I've been told, Bernie Sr was a grade A asshole and he never gave (enough) credit to the original designers. Mockingbird, Bich, Seagull, Beast, Virgin... Neither Sr nor Jr have, to my knowledge, ever built a full guitar. They're businessmen first and foremost.

I must be missing something, but BR Sr. wasn't alive during this lawsuit. He died in '99 and no one in the family was in the business at the time.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well excuuuse me, princess. :rofl:

I thought you were talking about that lawsuit that was linked. Now that I read the lower part, I understand what you're talking about.

kruneh

Reaction score
Can´t really blame Bernie, I would get depressed myself if I was tagged in photos like this on facebook :lol:

Attachments

• Bilde 1.png
    Bilde 1.png
    632.1 KB · Views: 337

7stringkeke

Reaction score
Just talked to the landlord thanks to another 7string bretheren. Doesn't look good. No power has been on in the shop since Bernie's accident. And there never was any ac or heat. Just a small ac wall unit and small personal heater. But yea... No power in the building at all since the accident. So guitars may all be completely worthless and warped now.

Khoi

Reaction score
Just talked to the landlord thanks to another 7string bretheren. Doesn't look good. No power has been on in the shop since Bernie's accident. And there never was any ac or heat. Just a small ac wall unit and small personal heater. But yea... No power in the building at all since the accident. So guitars may all be completely worthless and warped now.

:wallbash: