The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

underthecurve

Reaction score
No it'll finance his build and if they use the money for something other than that they don't deserve to be making guitars anymore.

I was attempting to use satire to describe his current business practices. It's not an if. Page back a bit you will see he was accepting final payments for guitars whilst people who had payed in full were not being communicated with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diggi

Reaction score
I've been in contact with Terry.

Bernie is back in treatment, and is so "voluntarily".

Terry told me (at least) that she is working on Bernie's backlog of orders with the help of other luthiers and is concentrating on a method that can streamline the process. She has been to the shop and is trying to catalog people's builds.

She works VERY long hours at her day job and is doing the best she can.

She sent me images of what she thought might be my guitar, and I was able to confirm her assumption when viewing them. She and the luthier at the shop that day went through my specs and confirmed everything with me.

I don't know when, how, what, etc.... but any updates I receive, I'll be passing along.

I think Terry is a wonderful but overwhelmed person who continues to suffer through this ordeal whilst doing her best to sort it out.

Even if you can't support Bernie at this point (I can't imagine many can), please do throw your support to Terry as she attempts to make sense of it all. A note of encouragement might make the difference in her efforts.

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
'Stand by your man' has its full meaning here. Good on her, hopefully she can ease some of the pressure.

Curious as to who the other luthiers are as well.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Some dealer just posted on fb that they got guitars coming in that they ordered last year. Seriously, wtf? We've been waiting almost three now. Wtf ever happened to first in first out?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Dealers can offer a lot of money up-front which is an instant source of cash for a business in a spot of trouble. Since its then a legally binding contract for the goods they can dispute it and be refunded all the money if the deal goes south.

We can all agree its a very shameful business practice when you have a mountain of backlogged orders.

In this case the deal was heading south so they took the nearly completed guitars and finished installing the hardware and setting them up themselves.
We visited Bernie at his factory in late August to finalize a few guitars that we have been waiting for. And this is one of them. Unfortunately Bernie has had a lapse and is not producing guitars right now. But this is one that was completely finished prior to him going into the hospital but it just needed the hardware installed. So here it is

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I offered that deal as well. It would suck to have to finish it myself but it would be better than not having the guitar.

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score

Negav

Reaction score
HA! that guitar looks like the one that I received from BRJ and sent back for a full refund. It had some minor flaws to it and I was not satisfied. Yup, I got my entire $3000 back for the guitar. Below is the link for the NGD is posted a few months ago. Looks really similar is you ask me.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...f-ing-time-ngd-plus-more-56k.html#post3596291

I think its the same, look as the flame below the neck pickup. Its the same pattern.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
HA! that guitar looks like the one that I received from BRJ and sent back for a full refund. It had some minor flaws to it and I was not satisfied. Yup, I got my entire $3000 back for the guitar. Below is the link for the NGD is posted a few months ago. Looks really similar is you ask me.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...f-ing-time-ngd-plus-more-56k.html#post3596291

Looks the same to me as well, the flame tightens on the same spot on the upper horn as well as below the neck pickup. Would explain how the dealer got it so quick.

Pascal-Darrell

Reaction score

hey james, was your guitar from the black friday run ?

If yes, I can´t see why this would go for 3000 ?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I've been in contact with Terry.

Bernie is back in treatment, and is so "voluntarily".

Terry told me (at least) that she is working on Bernie's backlog of orders with the help of other luthiers and is concentrating on a method that can streamline the process. She has been to the shop and is trying to catalog people's builds.

She works VERY long hours at her day job and is doing the best she can.

She sent me images of what she thought might be my guitar, and I was able to confirm her assumption when viewing them. She and the luthier at the shop that day went through my specs and confirmed everything with me.

I don't know when, how, what, etc.... but any updates I receive, I'll be passing along.

I think Terry is a wonderful but overwhelmed person who continues to suffer through this ordeal whilst doing her best to sort it out.

Even if you can't support Bernie at this point (I can't imagine many can), please do throw your support to Terry as she attempts to make sense of it all. A note of encouragement might make the difference in her efforts.

How do we get in touch with her? Do you have an email? I can email her the most recent photos of my guitar and my specs if that helps her sort out things.

ikarus

Reaction score
I think thats the peak of shamelessness, selling a flawed and sent back guitar as new for this amount of money! Even more than the original buyer has paid. :noplease:

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Some dealer just posted on fb that they got guitars coming in that they ordered last year. Seriously, wtf? We've been waiting almost three now. Wtf ever happened to first in first out?

They apparently just got lucky in that something they ordered had the same specs as a Black Friday Hesperian that got sent back... Good for them, but this isn't the guitar they ordered. :rolleyes:

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Further more, you can still see the scratch on the high B saddle. The exact same scratch

Not to mention :ugh:

IMG_3167.jpg

066_zps3d97ffe7.jpg

Yeah, I firmly believe it''s the same guitar.

aiur55

Reaction score
I too am interested in contacting Terry. I got an emailing from Bernie's yahoo email a couple months back confirming the control lay outs and then nothing.