The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Kiesel is so frustrating. IMO they have so much potential to make gorgeous guitars, then it's like Jeff rolls in like a kiddo with his first wood working kit and goes to town on them...

There's something about this design that's so goofy I can almost see myself wearing it as high up as possible while playing hair metal. But on the bright side as someone who never really liked X shapes specifically because of how most headstock designs pair with the body, my interest in headless Xs is now peaked.

I saw that pink one like:
maxresdefault.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I will agree that the designs leave much to be desired. The craftsmanship, paint, fretwork, etc. are amazing. But, the designs are nowhere near the level of Skervesen, Padalka, etc. If they had someone doing stuff like that I'd be buying Kiesels left and right.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
When they 1st started releasing 8 strings and multi scales, they used to do both… but over time, for whatever reason, their customers just don't buy many of the straight scale 8 strings, so ever since about the SCB8, they have stopped to coming out with straight scale 8 strings for new models.

I’ve never tried a straight scale 8 that A. intonated well or B. sounded right on both the high and low strings anyway.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’ve never tried a straight scale 8 that A. intonated well or B. sounded right on both the high and low strings anyway.

I've personally got no problem with multiscale 8s, but that means no more trems (from Kiesel) on 8s. If they'd do a multiscale with the parallel fret at the trem, or develop a multiscale trem, straight scale 8s could be a thing of the past. But, for us 8 string players, straight scale is the only way to get a trem.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
My roommate showed me the Jared Dines X unboxing and it had the most sarcastic "stop sending me more of this crap, it's taking too much space" tone of voice :lol:

Bold move either way, I've never liked their extreme shapes.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Hm I have an idea. What if you took a Warmoth Star body and made it headless somehow? Could carve down the wood so the bridge could be in line. Kind of like they do on their osiris but in theory obviously. No stupid bevels

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I like the Vanquish, Delos and Theos. The Solo looks good too.

They have some clunkers, and I wish they did straight 8s on those shapes. But if I were going to get a workhorse 7, one of those Kiesels would be pretty sweet.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hm I have an idea. What if you took a Warmoth Star body and made it headless somehow? Could carve down the wood so the bridge could be in line. Kind of like they do on their osiris but in theory obviously. No stupid bevels
wouldn't be that hard to slap some headless tuners on a star body. I've been thinking about doing the same thing tbh, but the limiting factor is the neck. You'd either have to get a cheapo neck with floyd nuts that you're willing to chop the headstock off, or you'd have to find someone that can make you one.