The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Catalog scan from tgp
niKbVQP.jpeg
I remember looking at these as a kid in the catalog, so that would've been maybe 15 years ago.... 100% price increase since then, I'm getting old 😅

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok now Kiesel is speaking my language. Always wanted one of these. It's one where, if it was within my budget, I probably wouldn't mind giving my money directly to Kiesel.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Anyone know what strings Kiesel uses specifically? nanowebs, polywebs? I just know they're Elixirs. I have 10s on my 6,7, and 8 string Kiesels and was thinking of buying the same set.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Called Kiesel today to confirm, no trem option (aka the OG Wilkinson) for the Fatboy limited run. :(
Not surprised. I don't think the Fatboy had a trem option during it's OG lifespan, and couldn't imagine them spending the redesign programming time/costs for an LTO reissue.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Catalog scan from tgp
View attachment 144603
I remember looking at these as a kid in the catalog, so that would've been maybe 15 years ago.... 100% price increase since then, I'm getting old 😅

This is sort of when I can get 100% behind the brand, could just spend all day in those catalogs in high school. Nothing gimmicky or over-hyped, just informative, classy, understated, etc.

And now we here:

images

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was any difference between the chambering of the H2(T) and HF2. I thought they were all just (near) fully chambered bodies

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was any difference between the chambering of the H2(T) and HF2. I thought they were all just (near) fully chambered bodies
Interestingly, I don't know that we've ever seen an image of what the chambering of the H2 was. I'm not sure why that would be, because they used to show the interior chambering of models like the NS1, SH65/275, AC175...but then they also didn't for the AE185, so I guess they were consistent in their inconsistency. Now-a-days, they don't share any of their internal chamberings, to protect their designs. Though if any of mine were chambered, I'd definitely ask if I could sneak a pic of the x-ray screen the next time I passed through TSA with one. 😅

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Not surprised. I don't think the Fatboy had a trem option during it's OG lifespan, and couldn't imagine them spending the redesign programming time/costs for an LTO reissue.
Right, guess I never understood the Fatboy (HF2) vs. H2 distinction until now. The H2T model is the one with the Wilkinson trem then, with a significantly thinner body thickness

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
The Delos model (their most Strat-alike) is now availble with the Floyd on the 22 fret version, answering requests from those wanting to build an EVH-style guitar (like this in-stock):

View attachment 145093

It always seemed like an odd option-availability limitation, but, well, here we are.
Something about this just feels.... kinda wrong? It's clearly an EVH, but obviously Eddie isn't with us anymore and I'm sure the brand is not aware.

Just feels a bit scummy to profit off of this.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Something about this just feels.... kinda wrong? It's clearly an EVH, but obviously Eddie isn't with us anymore and I'm sure the brand is not aware.

The headstock looks like an 8 year old drew it, no wait. It was probably Jeff Kiesel, so not too far off.

spudmunkey

Reaction score

Valid. Interestingly, three of the 4 pre-built in-stocks with this splatter variation have already sold, and it was just shown a few hours ago:
1718404319305.png