The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
You have no idea how close I was to buying that when you listed it here. I think we probably even have a conversation in our histories about that one.
Funny how tastes change though. I was excited about that guitar because I could get a full fretboard inlay. Now I'd pay more for it if it didn't have it. Would you still buy it today if it came up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Funny how tastes change though. I was excited about that guitar because I could get a full fretboard inlay. Now I'd pay more for it if it didn't have it. Would you still buy it today if it came up?
No. The inlay was also what attracted me to it, too (and the thick ass top on that thing). I also wanted that white atlantean (below. Though, the white apparently turned yellow after a year) or the Crypt one, which I actually talked with Dylan about, but passed on because at the time $4000 seemed astronomical to me.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 9.16.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 9.17.16 PM.png

If I could have a Daemoness now, I would definitely get the first one I ever saw, because this inlay is one of the coolest things I've ever seen, and it is the focal point of the guitar. The body has a blue finish on quilted maple, which makes it look like water. It's just really tastefully done, and understated. This is what I would consider a cool inlay now. Just one thing. Or, a totally blank board.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 9.16.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 9.16.01 PM.png