The Contortionist Megathread

• Thread starter MetalJordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
i cant believe this, what a bummer. i do think that the singer from LCTR is a great fill in tho.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bhakan

Reaction score
darth-vader-no.jpg

Reaction score
"His name was Jonathan Carpenter, His name was Jonathan Carpenter, His name was Jonathan Carpenter"

Seriously though, huge bummer. I'm sure they will find a worthy replacement, I just hope he brings the concepts and electronic element as well.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I feel like the lyrics/concepts will take a hit no matter what. I mean listen to the old version of Flourish (titled Eyes Closed). Its their old vocalist and the lyrics are completely different

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Please post a setlist?

You should check out Last chance to reason.

Well he fucking nailed covering for vocals. Far better than my expectations actually. I'll try and remember all the songs in the morning with a clearer head. I can tell you that they played primarily material from Intrinsic, only two Exoplanet tracks. And much to my chagrin, no Flourish.

Reflections fucking nailed their shit too. They played way tighter than I was expecting, and they have those pods sounding dope

Otaru

Reaction score
The dude from Last Chance to Reason is fucking nailing it!

LeonardDenver

Reaction score
I'm gonna be that guy, Missouri's state abbreviation is MO, not MI. MI is Michigan.

There is a St. Louis in Michigan, I have a friend who was robbed there at gunpoint while visiting family in middle of the day. Skip that show just saying.

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
Does anyone have any favorite auditions? I have seen a couple of really really good ones and some that I wouldn't recommend sitting through.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
From what I remember, this was the setlist in Louisville:

-Holomovement
-Causality
-Geocentric Confusion
-Oscillator
-Vessel

Also, I posted some stuff I learned from Robby during my lesson in the Contortionist Tabs thread.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I feel bad, I said I would post a setlist a month ago and I never did, and certainly can't remember now :lol:

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
I'm seeing tonight in Cleveland: I just saw the singer of lctr get a steaming glass of water and go upstairs. They go on @ 930. I bet he will be sweet