The CRAZIEST guitar gear collection on the internet?

• Thread starter BadSeed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I think he has three or four guitars alone that are worth my entire collection... and I have a problem lol.

I don't think he gets out of bed for a guitar less than $5K at this point, and even that number is probably a few years outdated, not sure how egregious the CS figures have gone up since pandemic; maybe $7-8K now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Hey folks, just figured I would drop this here, as I'm sure many of you would appreciate the insanity contained in this video.

Some of you may remember me posting in this forum way back when all I had was a Gibson LP studio and a couple Peavey amps. As you can see, things have come a long way since then.

One thing I want to note - my collection is DEFINITELY a quantity over quality thing, which isn't really something I realized until I did this video and took stock of everything all at once. I actually am very actively looking to change that by selling off some of the lower end run-off-the-mill stuff and replace it with some really cool, rare stuff that you don't see every day.

I am actually on the very beginning leg of my journey into audio production. YouTube is awesome and will probably always be my bread and butter, but there are things I've always dreamed of doing, and at the top of that list is audio production/engineering. So, not only offering digital profiles/captures/impulse responses to the public of the cool stuff that a lot of people don't get to experience, but eventually getting to a point where I can make music for and with bands that I love are the true end goal for me.

So as you're looking at all this craziness packed into a tiny space, keep in mind, there is an end goal and reason for it. LOL

Anyways, let me know what I'm missing :ROFLMAO:

Speaking as someone who owns 3 guitars and feels like their drowning in gear, this video makes me anxious lol

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Old poster from a number of forums from back in the day. Major Lee vibes, not as flashy since he was terminally ill and didn't do customs. Absolutely legendary home studio setup.
I was only aware of him on the Carvin forum, where for a good long stretch of what seemed like a couple of years, it was seemingly nearly a weekly Carvin NGD, and sometimes 2-3 guitars in a week, nearly all of them from the in-stock section (though there were custom builds in there as well). Then seemingly with the flip of a switch, he seemed to completely switch interests to firearms. R.I.P. (cancer, I believe, right?...nothing to do with the firearms, to be clear).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
There is also Jack Secret on here who is/was ill and big into Carvins iirc.

Lee has the fortress of LOLitude.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Lee needs to get serious and open an actual museum. Only heard of the guy recently when the 50th Anniversary Ibanez customs came out, and it sent me down a rabbit hole. Hadn't seen a guy like that since the aforementioned (RIP) Rob L back at the end of the 2000s.

I haven't seen @narad 's place, but from everything that's been said, I picture it kinda like that video, except smaller and maybe there was a kitchen there at some point before it got replaced by a cab and a couple heads.

jaxadam

Reaction score
In comparison, my gear reviews would be pretty terrible if I'm being honest.

Diezels: Sounds ass.
Marshalls: Sounds ass.
Any EVH: Sell your mother to buy one.
Any six string: Plays ass.
Any current model year new Ibanez: Looks ass.
Fourth-hand and beat to shit sparkle finish 7 string Ibanez: Fuckin' homerun yall.

All that said, I have a hard time keeping up with the handful of guitars I do have.

Mine would be a little simpler.

Best guitar ever: Ibanez RG570 w/ 18 V EMGs
Everything else: Plays ass

Best amp ever: Line 6 Spider II 2 x 12
Everything else: Sounds ass

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
In comparison, my gear reviews would be pretty terrible if I'm being honest.

Diezels: Sounds ass.
Marshalls: Sounds ass.
Any EVH: Sell your mother to buy one.
Any six string: Plays ass.
Any current model year new Ibanez: Looks ass.
Fourth-hand and beat to shit sparkle finish 7 string Ibanez: Fuckin' homerun yall.

All that said, I have a hard time keeping up with the handful of guitars I do have.

I'd join the Patreon

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 13 guitars and 2 more pending completion and even now I sometimes think I might have too many but I can't pick any to sell. I find myself in a situation where I am actively forcing myself to play some of them when I think they've been sitting too long just so I can justify to myself that I should keep them. Then I'll go and browse the POST YOUR GAS threads or reverb and find myself with a guitar in my cart ready to buy it.

It's a vicious cycle. I think a lot of it is because when you get older and make a good living you can suddenly buy all the toys you wanted when you were young and poor but then you barely have the time to actually use the toys. Unless I want to deprive myself of sleep and risk being a zombie at work I find it really hard to carve out the time to play a lot of guitar outside of small noodling sessions. *stares at my playstation 5 with a stack of games I haven't opened, and my massive steam backlog*

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I have 13 guitars and 2 more pending completion and even now I sometimes think I might have too many but I can't pick any to sell. I find myself in a situation where I am actively forcing myself to play some of them when I think they've been sitting too long just so I can justify to myself that I should keep them. Then I'll go and browse the POST YOUR GAS threads or reverb and find myself with a guitar in my cart ready to buy it.

It's a vicious cycle. I think a lot of it is because when you get older and make a good living you can suddenly buy all the toys you wanted when you were young and poor but then you barely have the time to actually use the toys. Unless I want to deprive myself of sleep and risk being a zombie at work I find it really hard to carve out the time to play a lot of guitar outside of small noodling sessions. *stares at my playstation 5 with a stack of games I haven't opened, and my massive steam backlog*

AdobeStock_351910610-604x385.jpeg

I know that feeling...

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I have four guitars in steady rotation and three or four more in cases most of the time. The worst things that happen are some less than mirror polished frets and the occasional truss rod adjustment. It's just a PITA buying strings for seven or eight guitars at a time, keeping the four I use fully tuned and decently polished 24/7, and then actually writing and practicing music with only so many hours in the day. Reminds me of that saying about how the things we own can end up owning us. It might be a problem I definitely want to have, but there's also definitely a huge labor of love aspect required when it comes to curating these big and expensive gear collections.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm blessed enough to actually use MOST my stuff regularly but still have a good amount of options. Getting an amp switcher helped a lot because it cut down on set up time and made quickly accessing tones for recording/jamming so much easier. The guitar thing has always been more complicated to me - I just get stuck on one or two of them and the rest don't see much play. Currently I've got a couple that I'm considering dumping so I reallocate funds into something else, but like others, I have a hard time getting rid of stuff these days 😂

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was hoping that Scott Grove was back.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Lee needs to get serious and open an actual museum. Only heard of the guy recently when the 50th Anniversary Ibanez customs came out, and it sent me down a rabbit hole. Hadn't seen a guy like that since the aforementioned (RIP) Rob L back at the end of the 2000s.

I haven't seen @narad 's place, but from everything that's been said, I picture it kinda like that video, except smaller and maybe there was a kitchen there at some point before it got replaced by a cab and a couple heads.

I probably have the world's craziest collection of old ESP hardcases :D

though my understanding is his friend Seta (@sabertiger5) with all of the Alexi Laiho ESPs/Jacksons has an even larger collection, though I quite found of the pink <3

Seta for sure has one of the craziest collections of metal guitars out there, especially for Alexi and BC Rich stuff. I actually just met him in Yoyogi last week to sell him something.