This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting.

FWIW I ordered some stuff from HevyDevyRecords a few years ago, and come Xmas I was surprised to find a signed card turn up from him & his misses (who deals with the HDR orders).

I was a big fan before then but the extra touch was awesome. :yesway: Got to love The Dev.

:agreed: Got one too, with a fun cartoon illustration of "Santa Dev" can't remember where I put it though. :ugh:

sh4z

Reaction score
Listened to some of this today, Sounds really cool! I must get some of the older albums too

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Ah damn you beat me to it MTech

I don't know if that's the sig though, he said it's supposed to have more of a Jazzmaster kind of body, plus an H-S-S configuration whereas thats just a basic tele

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, between like 11:30 last night and now (7:15) 111 of them were ordered!

Down to the last 90 now

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Yea I doubt that's the sig..though ESP did several tele's for him as well don't forget.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yea I doubt that's the sig..though ESP did several tele's for him as well don't forget.

Nope, didn't forget that at all. His Infinity Tele is still a sexy beast despite being just a white ESP tele with EMG's

Edit : Happy 1000th post! :woot:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
I've not started it yet. I want to be in the metal zone 'so to speak' when I work on it, or it will just end up being a wierd piece of shit.

What I'm thinking is an oversized rhodes style v with a mahogany body, carved maple top, 7 string, reverse headstock, ebody board, no markers, glow in the dark side markers, active pickups, black hardware, flat black finish.

That's in a month or two though, had to get the strat out of my system first...

:drool:

oh, and :sharpie:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
^
What he said. Devin is hands down my favorite musician. You either get him or not.

While he's overcompressed/overlimited here and there, his production in general is awesome, often groundbreaking, but you have to like his world of more is more. I'm guessing the one album of his you would like is Punky Brüster where he intentionally tried to make it raw and shitty sounding. :lol:

Agreed. This album has amazing dynamics. I can hear everything so clearly, even at full volume. He told the Volume Wars to fuck off.

Does anyone else think maybe Devin leaked this himself? I mean, take Darkest Hour for example, they did I think 3 albums with Devin at the control board, and each one was leaked on the web before release, leaked by the guys in the band...

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
It makes sense, I mean he even advocated people downloading it before hand to see if they'll like it

He changes his mind every 10 minutes. a few posts before that he said he hated the fact that it had leaked