Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
Yeah I was quite surprised by that, seeming Devin's always been quite anti-downloading. It's quite possible I think, but I don't know if he did or not. Regardless he's seemingly relaxed about the subject quite a bit, which for him is good. Music like that which he creates attracts a very fierce following, those sorts of people generally like to buy a lot of shit when they get the chance. It's a bit like Cynic these days, the people who werent around for Focus but recognise it's importance and sheer brilliance want to be a part of round two, and thus theyre spendind quite a bit on the band. I know i'm one for sure, I ordered the box set, a few other things, and Traced In Air on vinyl the other day. Now people know Devin's in his quieter and more reclusive days, they're probably going to clamouring to see him live especially, so I can guarantee when he tours this series of albums it'll be to sell out shows globally. I know i'll be flying out from NZ to see him multiple times if I have to, he's practically God to me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Petef2007

Reaction score
Completely different person from when i saw SYL in 2007, he certainly seems more comfortable these days.

Seriously looking forward to hearing these 4 albums.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, he's really laid back

I wonder what it will be like if he does a tour in this mindset? Ziltoid won't be the same without tom-foolery

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, he's really laid back

I wonder what it will be like if he does a tour in this mindset? Ziltoid won't be the same without tom-foolery

The Ziltoid album was his way of commenting on how much he hated the way things were at the end of SYL and how people forever expected him to be some kind of cartoon character. Seems that he makes the best stuff when under some kind of strain - City and the Zlitoid album are pretty much the only records he's made that I did and both were recorded with a similar mindset.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
i'm really excited to hear this four albuns!! He's a awsome writer and musician and he goes blow us all.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
That was a little like being in therapy or at a buddhism class but it was awesome, I love interviews that are in depth and go beyond "so......what's your favourite colour?"

I'm almost shocked at him being in the mental state he discusses though as I assumed with the life experience he has and his age he would know better but it just goes to show that sometimes even Hulk Hogan doesn't have the strength to get the lid off a jar of pickles and needs a little help.

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - quite insightful and honest.

It'll be interesting to see what direction he takes this latest round of emotional awakening.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
That was fuckin awesome man. There are some people who I could just listen to for hours, and Devin is one of them! Can't wait for the Nickelback-style album :lol:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
That was fuckin awesome man. There are some people who I could just listen to for hours, and Devin is one of them! Can't wait for the Nickelback-style album :lol:

"Every song is about his penis" :lol:

I hope its better than Ki, really didn't find that album as appealing as earlier efforts.

Nats

Reaction score
"they have a swimming pool in their studio. my sink doesn't even work"

:lol:

Latest posts