The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
There's a few cabs I have loaded. There's Klark Kent's gift to mankind thing the one guy linked, was ported over from AXE FX. Then there's a Mode 4 cab I don't remember where I got. The other couple are JJ6l6 and JJEL34 from some pack I don't remember. Maybe Redwirez. All are good but I go back back to the Mesa OS and Mode 4 more often than not.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Has anybody experimented with using theirs to control Helix native? I got it working before with midi over usb for Bias I think, but that was thru my iphone. I had my 1101 outta the rack was was messing with it but then my trial ran out. I know I should use a VST host over Reaper probably. Have a good laptop. If I can make it work without more investment and rocket science I wanna try it for a while. It's gotta be done theu the GSP though because I don't have any other midi foot controller than the C2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Got another track for you guys, this time it's a Van Halen tune i hold close to the heart lol, i used to air guitar the fvck out of this as a kid, long before i could've known i would be playing it years later.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0w6xh604mms40k4/Human's Being.mp3

This time around i matched the tone of my actual 5150 preamp stage with the GSP. I added the 808 as a clean boost and the IR is the EVH5153 from Rosen, naturally lol. Forgive any sloppy playing, i'm going off of memory and haven't played this song for about 10+ years lol

Reaction score
I have a question, i bought an Orange Mini Crush amplifier, that has a speaker output, this little guy here: https://orangeamps.com/products/guitar-amp-combos/crush-series/crush-mini/

What blew my mind was this video review:

My question is, would it be a bad idea to plug this speaker output on my GSP1101?
I mean, i want to use the power amp of the Mini Orange and the IR of my GSP1101, is it possible?

Still waiting for the Mini Crush to arrive.

Thanks in advance

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I have a question, i bought an Orange Mini Crush amplifier, that has a speaker output, this little guy here: https://orangeamps.com/products/guitar-amp-combos/crush-series/crush-mini/

What blew my mind was this video review:

My question is, would it be a bad idea to plug this speaker output on my GSP1101?
I mean, i want to use the power amp of the Mini Orange and the IR of my GSP1101, is it possible?

Still waiting for the Mini Crush to arrive.

Thanks in advance

What are you using as the preamp/distortion? The Orange or the GSP?
If you're using the preamp of the GSP, I can think of no good reason to use the Orange in this case unless you have no other form of output speaker available.

Reaction score
What are you using as the preamp/distortion? The Orange or the GSP?
If you're using the preamp of the GSP, I can think of no good reason to use the Orange in this case unless you have no other form of output speaker available.

You got it backwards, the chain would be: Guitar > Orange Mini Crush > GSP1101
The idea is to use the Orange preamp and the GSP1101 speaker sim.

I'm asking because i've read that you should not use the speaker output of an amp straight into USB Interfaces and such

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
You got it backwards, the chain would be: Guitar > Orange Mini Crush > GSP1101
The idea is to use the Orange preamp and the GSP1101 speaker sim.

I'm asking because i've read that you should not use the speaker output of an amp straight into USB Interfaces and such
Well the Orange preamp is going to be a pure solid state preamp. I don't think you're going to get better mileage out of it than the GSP offers already. The preamps in it are quite good. I would not take a small amp's SS preamp over those.

Personal recommendations aside
I just looked up that amp and the speaker output has an ohm rating. I would not connect that to the GSP.

jorgercrosa

Reaction score
Hi folks!
Last December I was searching for a GSP1101 and before I got it, I did my homework and found out about the C63 firmware, which was exactly what I needed. I even bookmarked the mustbebeta website for when I had the preamp.
Now that I got it, I noticed that the mustbebeta webiste is no longer available, and the domain is up for grabs... Does anyone know where can I get this C63 firmware? Thanks in advance!

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Here's a link to a GSP1101 Facebook page that appears to be sharing files you can use like the c63, GIRL (the program you need to load in IRs) and others.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSP1101/files/

It's cool that they are sharing it because pretty much everywhere else I looked, people just posted links to the MBB site, which like you said, is no longer there.

jbnuk

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been experimenting with the GSP1101 and got the best results going direct when using the Two Notes Torpedo to not only load IRs but also to have the poweramp simulation. I would strongly recommend trying it. You can use the Wall of Sound Plugin (free) to load impulses and have the poweramp simulation to do an A/B test so you can hear the difference - I am actually running the Torpedo CAB in the GSP's loop as an "effect". Works pretty well!

I was not able to get a good tone only using IRs - they usually end up sounding fizzy and thin versus deep and round when poweramp is engaged.

I am not good with recordings, but if anyone is interested, I can try posting some clips with and without poweramp.

I am also planning to try the YJM308 preamp as booster / overdrive before the GSP ... just to see how it compares to the built in pedal simulations.

Note: my type of sound is usually the boosted plexi / 80's kind of rock / metal; focus on mids, good sustain with lots of clarity and presence. Currently enjoying P90s ;)

Cheers!

Shask

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been experimenting with the GSP1101 and got the best results going direct when using the Two Notes Torpedo to not only load IRs but also to have the poweramp simulation. I would strongly recommend trying it. You can use the Wall of Sound Plugin (free) to load impulses and have the poweramp simulation to do an A/B test so you can hear the difference - I am actually running the Torpedo CAB in the GSP's loop as an "effect". Works pretty well!

I was not able to get a good tone only using IRs - they usually end up sounding fizzy and thin versus deep and round when poweramp is engaged.

I am not good with recordings, but if anyone is interested, I can try posting some clips with and without poweramp.

I am also planning to try the YJM308 preamp as booster / overdrive before the GSP ... just to see how it compares to the built in pedal simulations.

Note: my type of sound is usually the boosted plexi / 80's kind of rock / metal; focus on mids, good sustain with lots of clarity and presence. Currently enjoying P90s ;)

Cheers!
Yeah, I dont think the GSP1101 has poweramp modeling like the more modern modelers. It is preamp only. Adding the poweramp model probably brings the bass thump and treble bite a bit more than the preamp alone.

jbnuk

Reaction score
Yeah, I dont think the GSP1101 has poweramp modeling like the more modern modelers. It is preamp only. Adding the poweramp model probably brings the bass thump and treble bite a bit more than the preamp alone.

Exactly. You get some colouring...I am impressed with the tones, so just
wanted to share as I think it is a big improvement :)

This week will try the GSP for the 1st time through a ss poweramp (orange pedal baby) and cab (orange ppc112 v30).

jbnuk

Reaction score
Decided do try some recording of my GSP1101 and compare with the analog AMT M2 preamp - here is the comparisson:
https://soundcloud.com/jeronimobn/sets/test-digitech-gsp1101-vs-amt-m2

One track is solely the Digitech simulating drive boost -> JCM800.
Another track is a YJM308 drive -> Digitech (JCM800).
Another track is the YJM308 drive -> AMT M2.

All tracks have the Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B in the end simulating same EL34 poweramp settings and GT75 speakers (one close sm57 and other far / room m160).

Tell me what you think if you're in the mood!

I think the GSP1101 gave me very good results was happy with how it can give you great drives :)

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I considered adding the CAB to my rack for power amp modelling and direct. When I load up WoS I love the Arcade mode and the options with the knobs you can turn for harmonics and the other parameters and that could really add some killer tonal shaping options to any of the preamps I'm running in my setup (1101, Engl, BE OD, Mooer 005). I recorded yesterday and had to use Mesa cab loaded in the 1101 (Klark Kent ported from Axe FX). I wanted to use WoS sound but couldn't get it to download yesterday before I left and they use Mac and didn't have any IR loaders installed. The result was fine even though 1024 samples. I think I sounded way clearer than the other guitarist's Axe 8. I've had my 1101 since 08 and nothing has knocked it off as the brain for my rig yet.

jbnuk

Reaction score
Added a BBE Sonic Maximizer in the 1101's loop after the Torpedo and before the FXs...couldn't be happier. With a bit of chorus I can really nail that Paul Gilbert 80's/early 90's hard rock tone.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi all. Just joined here to ask a question. I'm about 10 years late to this. Ha. Anyway, I've had a gsp1101 for several years and still love it. In fact I've been using it more recently than I had in the past.

My question is this:

Is it possible to extract individual patches from the Singtall Jan 18 backup file (linked back on page 2 of this thread)? I have tons of my own patches I'd rather not overwrite. Is there a way to pick and choose from the backup archive? (sorry it won't let me post the link cuz I'm newb).

I do have vC63 and X-edit. Can I open the backup file in X-edit to audition patches without overwriting my own?

jbnuk

Reaction score
You could backup yours and then audition the new...if overwrites you can just load yours back. Sorry if I missed it but I think it should work.