The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You could backup yours and then audition the new...if overwrites you can just load yours back. Sorry if I missed it but I think it should work.

Yeah I thought about that...just hate taking chances with my tones! I need to back it up anyway so might give it a go.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You could backup yours and then audition the new...if overwrites you can just load yours back. Sorry if I missed it but I think it should work.

This worked. Backed mine up, restored with the Singtall file, saved a few individual patches, then restored with my backup. Was worth it for the Engl sim and a few others. I'm just always nervous about these procedures, afraid something will go wrong mid-transfer. Unnecessarily I'm sure.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score

jbnuk

Reaction score
Wow. That sounds great man. Good playing too! Very clean. Good job man. Doesn't sound at all like a modeller to me. I don't hear the IR sound or anything. I dig it Mumra : )

Thanks! It is a bit sloppy IMO and it is only 90% of original bpm...but I am getting there haha (of course the solo section is a different story).

On the tone, I think the guitar didn't help a lot as the pickups are more on the thin side (Carvin TL60), though the GSP1101 did a GREAT job!!

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I'm currently scratching my head trying to maintain stereo seperation with the loops coming from my HX Stomp. No IR on left, IR on right output into GSP "from amp send". Then output left to Amp/Cab then output right to mixer. The loops in this thing confuse me.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know what you're saying...do you have samples of your preferred patches? I am still digging my GSP1011. Here is my last recording with it:

Well done! Sounds great and your playing is superb! I don't have any clips, sorry. The last home recording I did was on a Tascam 424 back in the 90s. I'm lucky to find a few minutes here and there to just play nowadays. I'm familiar with all the software and everything though, and would love to spend some time with it all.

I'm running mine 4CM with a Mesa Mark V:25 into a Carvin 4x12 with Greenbacks. I go back and forth between the Mesa and internal preamps. I'm not a real big FX user so mostly my patches are tight, chunky metal sounds using the various high gain amps. I have tweaked a few of the Singtall lead FX presets to my liking, and a few of the clean/chorus/reverb sounds. I've been playing the Engl "sim" and the Digitech Brown lately too.

I also have an RP360 that I run into a Peavey 60/60 and a 2x12 with Greenbacks. I'm replicating patches from the GSP onto the RP, which is kind of how I ended up here. I bought a used RP360 that I'm setting up as a gift for a friend who started learning guitar about 10 years ago. He's intimidated by menus and doesn't understand how FX are used, so I figured the RP with PC interface would be a very helpful introduction to multi FX and knob tweaking.

(Ugh. Had to delete the link from the quote. It won't let me "post" a link cuz I'm a newb, even in a quote).

jbnuk

Reaction score
What do you think of the Mesa Vs 1101 at higher volumes? I don't play at high volumes so maybe that's why I like the GSP 1101 so much vs all amps I tried ...

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What do you think of the Mesa Vs 1101 at higher volumes? I don't play at high volumes so maybe that's why I like the GSP 1101 so much vs all amps I tried ...

I honestly can't say. Rarely play at high volume anymore, and with Mark V, I can get the tones I want at comfortable levels, so I've never felt the need to crank it up. I can tell you that at "bedroom" levels I really can't decide which is better - the GSP models or the Mark V. They both sound good, and it's like having all the rigs I could ever want, all in one setup.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Hey anyone that ran 2 preamps without the signals blending together help me out. That's basically what I'm trying to do with my HX Stomp. Signal A with no IR, Signal B with IR. I'm just getting signal A right now.

Gmork

Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of battery the gsp111 uses for its storage and how to replace it?
Turned it on and all my presets were gone, back to factory. Been told its a battery issue.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of battery the gsp111 uses for its storage and how to replace it?
Turned it on and all my presets were gone, back to factory. Been told its a battery issue.

I thought I had read that all these "newer" devices use flash memory and do not rely on an internal battery. But I could be wrong.

This happened to me with an old GSP7 (that I still use!) and a GSP21 Legend I briefly had though. On those units, as soon as you remove the top of the enclosure you would see the battery. It was a big 4.5 volt battery, shaped like an AA battery, but bigger. Very easy to change.

I would think that if the 1101 has a battery it would be pretty obvious as soon as you take the top off the box. You just need to remove all the screws that hold the top on. The battery should be marked with info to find a replacement.

In those older units, it was this one:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014327&icep_item=231925651909

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Weird thing recently. I figured it out years ago and forgot so I kept copying patches where it worked. My external exp pedal went bad apparently. I'm trying to get the whammy to work with the built in one on the C2. I went thru all the proper procedures of linking it thru the menu and trying x edit. My whammy was always on and wouldn't start doing anything till I moved the exp pedal. I guess show me your X Edit settings or something.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Weird thing recently. I figured it out years ago and forgot so I kept copying patches where it worked. My external exp pedal went bad apparently. I'm trying to get the whammy to work with the built in one on the C2. I went thru all the proper procedures of linking it thru the menu and trying x edit. My whammy was always on and wouldn't start doing anything till I moved the exp pedal. I guess show me your X Edit settings or something.
It's been a while since i've had mine so i may get it wrong, but if i remember right you can set it up on the expression tab. Change what normally you have your wah set to whammy pedal. Im pretty sure you dont have to worry about the other whammy options, just leave the expression set to whammy pedal.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
It's confusing in the unit and X Edit. It just says pedal. I guess I gotta scroll back thru this thread to find out how I did this years ago lol. The effect is triggered on with a midi CC so that the whammy is always on, but doesn't activate until the pedal is moved. I did this and set it to pedal 2 (Line 6 EX-1) so that when I wanted to use the wah it didn't activate the whammy on my lead channels.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I think it's the cat5 cable. It worked last practice a while back and the only thing that's changed is external gear. It worked with this cable before but who knows. I haven't edited my patches so it's the only answer.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering one of these to go along my recently acquired rack preamp. Looks like a portable rig using a 2U shallow rack case.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I tried using a brand new 6ft cat5 I found laying around in some unopened Spectrum accessories. No dice. My built in C2 exp used to roll off univibe on my clean channel but now its not. Weird. Still no luck with whammy. I had 3 banks of patches set up for 2 amps and another for amp models as a backup to an amp going down. I'm really perplexed here. Someone upload a patch where the wah or wham just works by moving the pedal.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I got it figured, I must have changed something I dunno how on all patches. I can assign fx level to the 2nd pedal but not the one built into the Control 2. I have more digging to do to see why this is. Something about controller settings in expression links.