The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I might catch a little fire for this, but I feel like Wes is way better than The Faceless. All of the guys are talented musicians, but with Keene running things, it puts a damper on all of their abilities. So, now that Wes has time to focus on Glass Casket, I'm forking stoked. That band was awesome, and I hope they get the recognition they deserve now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
I have met Keene and Brewer a few times in the past and while Keene was not a complete dick you could tell it is very much in his type of personality. 4 of the 5 times I met Keene, Brewer was basically secluded in a corner with a laptop doing his thing; very reserved.

At one of the more recent big tours they had in my city I can remember very vividly / hearing Mike/Evan absolutely tearing into the tour promoter for forgetting a bunch of vegan items on the menu. While I understand that was a shitty situation for them, it was quite obviously a mistake and some of the stuff that came out of their mouths was abhorrent.

This takes nothing away from them musically ; they are tech death gods for sure , they are just less than desirable to be in constant contact with from my experiences.

anomynous

Reaction score
I hope they get Steve back if anything. Highly doubt it, but it would be cool.

I wonder who they'll get? Might as well go down the "unsigned popular guitarist" list and get Kieth Merrow.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Good, maybe Wes can start posting on here again :rofl:

On a more serious note, I hope he either puts out his solo record or uses those riffs with TheDust' in BTBAM.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
In my honest opinion Wes > Keene. I was looking forward to what Wes could/would bring to the band in the future, but Keene wants to run the faceless, it's his baby. I truly believe he would like to be lead vocalist, lead guitars, lead programmer, engineer, mix, master etc for everything the faceless does. No one puts Baby in the corner, & that is how I felt every time I watched Wes having to do only rhythms while Keene took another (I'll be it tasteful & impressive solo). But Wes, man those hands are tone machines, his phrasing is impeccable. I am really sad to see Wes go, BUT...am hopeful this means we will see more of Wes on his solo project, in Glass Casket & ... a better suited full time band where he can take his rightful role as a lead guitarist & song writer.

avinu

Reaction score
I hope they get Steve back if anything. Highly doubt it, but it would be cool.

I wonder who they'll get? Might as well go down the "unsigned popular guitarist" list and get Kieth Merrow.

Yeah pretty sure Steve is out of the picture for good... I know I'm making a huge assumption but I think everyone else in the band around the post-PD era(Lyle, Brandon, Derek) left for the same reason. That reason being that the musical direction Keene was taking just didn't sit too well with them.

Also wasn't there a guy that re-recorded the whole Planetary Duality album on guitar? Pretty sure he'd be a good fit. :yesway:

anomynous

Reaction score
"Hey everybody,
I have decided to step down from my position in The Faceless. I've had a great two years of touring a lot of great times with the guys all over the world now. I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone I've gotten to meet at shows and all the amazing bands I've gotten to play with. I love all of the guys in the band and I wish them nothing but continued success.
I look forward to writing and recording new material with Glass Casket this year.
Thanks again,
-Wes."

JoeyW

Reaction score
:fawk:

Attachments

• mk.jpg
    mk.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 150

Darknut

Reaction score
10 billion years was my favorite song on the album besides accelerated evolution, and I didn't know wes even wrote it. This stinks! Hearing that keene may have an attitude problem is just a bit too convenient for me to believe at this point, lol.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I really like The Faceless and especially Autotheism, but I always thought Keene seemed like a major douche. Let's hope they get their shit together and make another awesome album though :)

revivalmode

Reaction score
THE FACELESS' Michael Keene Says Covers Album Still Happening | Metal Injection

"The way Keene talks about the songs, it sounds like he's going to make them more in the vein of the band's earlier technical death metal sound rather than the progressive tendencies they picked up between Planetary Duality and Autotheism. "

I love both albums but I'm pretty stoked if their next album is going to be more like PD again :hbang:

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
"It doesn't djent" :lol:

I'm stoked for the new Faceless record even though Wes is out. I always thought he would have been better in like Born Of Osiris (Not with the direction they're starting to go now though). But anyways, Keene writes good tunes, so I'm excited to hear more of them for sure :yesway: