The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
What is the setlist on this tour looking like? Is it all Autotheism stuff or are they giving some love to older stuff? Seeing them in a few hours

seraphim

Reaction score
In reaponce to the article about Evans potential departure; I thought he was doing the Warwick bass camp? It makes sense he is gone for a bit

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Yeah I know Evan has some personal stuff to do considering he's a solo bassist as well. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they broke up. A few people who've seen the.told me the band members just looked unenthusiastic and didn't wanna be there. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they did break up. To my knowledge Keene is hard to work with as he calls all the shots and everyone else has little input and really just tours while Keene writes. And Evan and Wes are too talented of musicians to have their input denied. This band has too many talented members to not make music as a group effort. They're my favorite band it'd be so heartbreaking to see them go.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
After seeing the direction they were heading in with Autotheism, I can't say I'd be disappointed if they broke up.

I loved Planetary Duality, but Akeldama was my favorite album of theirs and clearly they weren't going to do anything like that again.

Edika

Reaction score
I might be in the minority of the people that liked Autotheism more that Planetary Duality. I liked Planetary Duality a lot but I think Autotheism is more atmospheric, has a better structure/composition of songs and a better flow, aside from the very evident influences and silly Hail Science part.

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
I feel like the odd man out. I loved the more jazzy parts of Planetary Duality, and I feel like they really expanded on that with Autotheism, so I love that album.

anomynous

Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised Keene called out MetalSucks on the break up rumor, but didn't address Evan Brewer......who was the main focus of the article.

I'm basically repeating what the article above says.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
From The Faceless' facebook.

"I'm sure many of you have become aware of the fact that I have not been out with The Faceless on their current tour. I've been using this time to explore a potential musical opportunity that has presented itself. Initially we didn't feel the need to say anything because we thought it was only going to be a couple of shows missed but, due to the circumstances, it became apparent that it would be better for them to finish the tour without me. I am not looking to quit the band, merely exploring an opportunity and I hope to be back on tour with The Faceless again in the near future. We will fill you all in on details regarding future tours as soon as they develop. Please go support The Faceless on the rest of this fantastic tour and I will catch up with you all down the road." - Evan Brewer

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
From The Faceless' facebook.

"I'm sure many of you have become aware of the fact that I have not been out with The Faceless on their current tour. I've been using this time to explore a potential musical opportunity that has presented itself. Initially we didn't feel the need to say anything because we thought it was only going to be a couple of shows missed but, due to the circumstances, it became apparent that it would be better for them to finish the tour without me. I am not looking to quit the band, merely exploring an opportunity and I hope to be back on tour with The Faceless again in the near future. We will fill you all in on details regarding future tours as soon as they develop. Please go support The Faceless on the rest of this fantastic tour and I will catch up with you all down the road." - Evan Brewer

"Hey, I didnt think you would notice I dropped off the tour so I didnt think we should mention it. Sorry... " - Evan

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I might be in the minority of the people that liked Autotheism more that Planetary Duality. I liked Planetary Duality a lot but I think Autotheism is more atmospheric, has a better structure/composition of songs and a better flow, aside from the very evident influences and silly Hail Science part.

No we don't like the Michael Keene Tyring To Be The Devin Townshend Project.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
"Hey, I didnt think you would notice I dropped off the tour so I didnt think we should mention it. Sorry... " - Evan

Ha, it is a little funny they waited until the rumor mill had started up to clear shit up.

RoRo56

Reaction score
I think I know what Evan is up to. He put up a picture on his twitter of him playing, entitled "encore in France!!!". He's wearing a Suicidal Tendencies shirt, who coincidentally are touring France at the moment. I thought at first that he was filling in for them, but it turns out that he is playing on Dean Pleasants' solo album. They played 2 songs after Suicidal Tendencies' set.

It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

anomynous

Reaction score
In case anybody cares, Evan is filling in for Suicidal Tendencies.

That's why he's been MIA

EDIT: Looks like I should look at the last page before posting.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Just saw them live in Melbourne, cracker of a show!!!