The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I was recording a video for youtube earlier, and realized 2 things, first of all, as a guitar player who has only ever miced guitar amps, I don't know shit about micing anything besides guitar amps, because secondly, i was trying to say he was arrested for committing car theft, assault and burglary and it turns out, i have such a heavy drawl...I can't say burglary. Mic didn't pick it up when I leaned back in my chair and said I'm a fucking idiot.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
8dio just had a big clearance sale on plugins, 90% off for the whole orchestral blah blah whatever. As a dude that come up through orchestra bullshit, I like to write big, brutish scores so I had to jump on it. $200 for over $3k worth of orchestral tools and samples? Fuck yeah.

For those curious.

Since purchase I have had zero, and I mean zero, time in my music room. I even have a couple big arrangements floating around that big empty space between my ears that I hope to get worked out before they leave me. I think I need a pause button on the rest of the world. About six weeks should get me caught up.

Last edited:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It sounds like the big Boss at work may ....maaaay ask me to go to india to build up the studio there.

That's a hard no. I just got back to the US.

It could be potentially other things that she wants to ask me, but that's what my manager was speculating so that's probably it. Looks like that's probably the only option on the table since we're so slow at the moment so my days at my current studio are probably coming to a close.

On the plus side a buddy gave me a heads up on potentially a really awesome job if it's still available. It's a bit of a big if on whether or not I could land this one though, but I have an "in" at least through my buddy.

It might be time for another adventah! But one within the US.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@thebeesknees22 Well you've got a fantastic attitude. I really hope that whatever changes come your way will be a net-positive for your mental, physical, and financial well-being. Continued best of luck, man.
haha thanks dude! Much appreciated!

Things tend to work out one way or another. I'm sure something good will come up eventually if I don't land this opportunity that may have just come up. It's just a matter of where and where!

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
annnnnd my spies high up at work just gave me a heads up that I will indeed be asked to go to india.

I gotta nope that. Not when I just got back to the US.

ugh.. I don't want to have this chat.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Porters are rare as hens teeth and they’re my favorite kind of beer. At some point all IPAs taste the same but somehow every brewery has 20 of them and no porters

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Porters are rare as hens teeth and they’re my favorite kind of beer. At some point all IPAs taste the same but somehow every brewery has 20 of them and no porters
I tried homebrewing for a while and that seemed to be the most common type among DIY. Might have something to do with it. I personally hate that shit.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
IPAs are basically idiotproof to brew, that's why they're so popular. Lagers, porters, sours, lambics and other options actually require some skill to make ime.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
IPAs are basically idiotproof to brew, that's why they're so popular. Lagers, porters, sours, lambics and other options actually require some skill to make ime.
I don’t know if stouts are considered to be in the latter camp, but it would be ironic if so, as that was the one style my brother and his friend did really well.

It helps to be best friends with a microbiologist for Sierra Nevada but I still find it funny that they did their best work with styles outside of the standard microbrewery fare.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I had 1 (one, single) 12oz pour of Schwarzbier and it instantly became my ideal style of beer, and I have yet to find another one in a store. I feel your pain.

EDIT: you’re in SD? You should be able to get Deschuttes’ Black Butte Porter down there. That’s one of my favorites.