The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CannibalCricket

Scabs, locks, strings--picking things
Reaction score
Only thing i can sweep is a broom. Push broom at that. Maybe leg sweep helen keller but she'd feel it comin

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I had a job interview today On one hand, I know a lot of skill, or as my wife says I'm out here doing side quests IRL. I know enough shit that I can fake it till I make it in damn near any blue collar job other than electrician.

On the flip side...
Anxiety-Memes-3-636538679.jpg

Moongrum

Reaction score
I'm tired of living in an apartment. I don't need sq ft, just tired of sharing a building with people. I'd "settle" for a detached studio lol.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Got news at work today that our employer is stripping down most of their operation with our client and that includes my department. In worst case, I get booted right away. In best case, I sign up with the client but get booted in the first evaluation (or whatever you call it) next year.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Last Saturday I ordered a Mesa Badlander 100 head. It was supposed to be delivered today although it's been sitting in an Indiana FedEx location since 8am Wednesday morning. It's still there with no recent updates. Tracking went from eta 9am-1pm, to end of day, to "on its way" and then "We'll add a delivery date as soon as your package starts moving."

C'mon now. I feel some first world fury brewing that's making me want to rage cancel the order if there's no real update to tracking tomorrow. Before placing the order, I finally sold my Mark V and Dual Recto that have been sitting unused in a closet for years. I felt good about downsizing only for some nice shipping delays. Luckily, I kept my trusty single Recto.

I'll probably let the annoyance of delayed shipping run its course because a rage cancel is really unnecessary... The thought had to get Mr. FedEx a little worried though, right?

Moongrum

Reaction score
every book i look for on libby is on hold with like 2 people already in queue. This town is literally the armpit of the greater Seattle area, where did all these fucking book readers come from :scream2:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to start a youtube channel. I know nobody's probably gonna watch it, but it'll be fun and keep me busy so I can't drink as much. I'm a supernatural and mythology fan, but instead of doing the big ones I'm gonna start with Texas cryptids. I picked one because there's a local fan I saw in one of the articles that has a dope ass Goatman costume. The main legend behind the Goatman is the Klan couldn't stand the audacity of an African American farmer being successful. And some how the Klan lynching a dude and burning his family isn't the worst legend about it. On one hand, I feel like Slipknot was right when they wrote People = Shit, on the other, I feel like people need to be aware of history so it doesn't happen again.

Also, considering I'm trying to tell a story where one of the lighter things is the Klan lynching someone, is African American still okay? Or is there a better term I could use?

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
Just spent like an hour pulling apart my old 2x12 and transferring the speakers into the Emperor/testing it. I get that manufacturers want to make sure stuff is secure but I don't think you need like 20 fucking screws to hold the back onto a 4x12 :lol:

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just spent like an hour pulling apart my old 2x12 and transferring the speakers into the Emperor/testing it. I get that manufacturers want to make sure stuff is secure but I don't think you need like 20 fucking screws to hold the back onto a 4x12 :lol:
On this, I dunno. Forget where, but an IR maker was talking about any air leak would change a resonante frequency, etc. Closed back should be air tight, is the point.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Went for a walk for the first time since like... forever (read: 2-3 years). My ankles started hurting like hell before I even finished the first mile so I just ended up doing 2 miles or so. :scream2:

On the bright side, I didn't feel out of breath at all so quitting daily smoking/vaping has shown some benefit at least. :metal:

Latest posts