The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
well, i had my conversation with the Boss about going to India.

I said no. Which was ..awkward. But my supervisor on this project apparently said no before I did so if he's not going lol, why should I go?

I don't think my boss was surprised, and she wasn't shocked but it did suck since I know she has her bosses breathing down her neck and she has to figure out how to get this thing done.

Anywho, back to work while I still have a job.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Fucking. Twice in a week I try to get some evening shawarma plate from my favourite local spot and they're closed early. If your hours are until 9 and I come at 8:15 or call at 8:25, I expect to be able to place an order. Change your hours to close at 8 then if it's not busy enough to justify it.

How dare you want to have a social life and not serve me delicious chicken, spicy potatoes, and garlic sauce?!

Maybe @Randy is onto something about these mom and pop shops...

Tonight I just went to a different shawarma place that was open until 10, but I was still annoyed.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Fucking. Twice in a week I try to get some evening shawarma plate from my favourite local spot and they're closed early. If your hours are until 9 and I come at 8:15 or call at 8:25, I expect to be able to place an order. Change your hours to close at 8 then if it's not busy enough to justify it.

How dare you want to have a social life and not serve me delicious chicken, spicy potatoes, and garlic sauce?!

Maybe @Randy is onto something about these mom and pop shops...

Tonight I just went to a different shawarma place that was open until 10, but I was still annoyed.
I feel your pain, I tried to get a gyro from one of my favorite spots and there was construction blocking it off from the street. It was closed ;_;

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Posted a WTB ad for a backup marker this morning, was looking for a basic color scheme, either black or silver body with stock grips, nothing crazy; the fucking FIRST offer I get is for a "private label" version that has extra milling, and is like a royal blue gloss finish with black grips. Fucking SOLD, but god damn if EVERY marker I end up buying isn't fucking blue.

My DSR+ = gloss blue
My PE CS2 Pro = powder navy blue
My PE HK CS2 = gloss blue

I was looking for something simple and fell back into my same old habits! One dude sent me an offer on a silver/red accent version which I do love, especially since our team colors are red/black (like 90% of teams in New England) and I might take him up on it and have triples, because y'know, triples makes it safe, triples is best.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
My 2yo daughter had a nightmare and woke up screaming just before 5am. Both me and my wife tried to calm her down to no avail, she just goes "I don't wanna sleep, I wanna go downstairs and play!!!", so then I took her downstairs so the rest of the family could get their sleep in at least. When she finally stopped crying, she fell asleep in my arms almost immediately and we got back to bed sometime around 6am. And our alarm rings at 7... And guess who wanted to sleep when it was time to get up :wallbash: Had to use every trick in the book to get her ready for daycare...

Oh and here's another. As I'm typing this reply to this thread, every time the ads cycle the textbox looses focus and I type into thin air until I click it again.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I visited some folks who live out of town a few weeks ago and got eaten alive by the bugs - mostly not a big deal except one of the bites near by foot itched a lot, so I scratched it (which is my own fault) and it turned into this big ugly welt cause I couldn't leave it alone. Two weeks later and it's still there and still stings and I've been having to cover it with bandages to stop scratching it.

Gross.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I visited some folks who live out of town a few weeks ago and got eaten alive by the bugs - mostly not a big deal except one of the bites near by foot itched a lot, so I scratched it (which is my own fault) and it turned into this big ugly welt cause I couldn't leave it alone. Two weeks later and it's still there and still stings and I've been having to cover it with bandages to stop scratching it.

Gross.
Show feet

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you come to Minneapolis just skip Matts/686 and the whole juicy lucy bullshit. Waste of fucking time unless you like a greasy burger full of molten hot cheese that will burn your mouth.
I never had one there but had seen pictures of what they serve and they did not look that good.

It's been ages since I went but Blue Door Pub had a variety of juicy Lucy's that were good back in like 07 lol

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I never had one there but had seen pictures of what they serve and they did not look that good.

It's been ages since I went but Blue Door Pub had a variety of juicy Lucy's that were good back in like 07 lol
None of the places that do juicy lucys are good tbh.
Just chuck some cheddar inside of your burger before you cook it and you get the same experience.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
None of the places that do juicy lucys are good tbh.
Just chuck some cheddar inside of your burger before you cook it and you get the same experience.
I like them but I don't go out of my way for them. Honestly, the last one I had was probably back then lol

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 143988"Hey what are you doing?"
"The extended range guitar community has demanded feet pics"

You can have this one for free.
I should've know better than to joke about feet pics on the internet. :lol:

Mosquito bites on the ankles I find are always the worst ones, or right on the wrist bone. Once you pop you can't stop.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I should've know better than to joke about feet pics on the internet. :lol:

Mosquito bites on the ankles I find are always the worst ones, or right on the wrist bone. Once you pop you can't stop.
I had a pair of compression socks I sometimes wear for cycling that I made the mistake of wearing to the office one day. It dug in where my foot and ankle meet because of how I was sitting at my desk and gave me an "itchy" area right in the crease that forms when I have my leg back and my foot flat. I scratched it. It's now been about three months and there's still a broken out, itchy, bitchy, shitty area there.

Consequently: Fuck those compression socks.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
I soldered for the first time today. Did a couple jacks, and it's quite the struggle. I did manage to get them well enough that they work, but I have a lot of work to do before I'm good at it. I struggled pretty hard with holding the iron, the solder and the wire with both hands. I don't have a steady hand either and it was just a rough time.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Straunt food sucks, especially americanized cultural stuff. It's never authentic, whatever they tell you, it's logistically close to impossible. The ingredients are usually bullshit and the recipes are a lie. Wasn't always such the case, is now.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score