The Fishman Fluence Thread

thorgan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had to deal with a dead pickup as well. Ive heard a couple of times of reliability issues with the Fluence line.
Did you have any issues with getting a replacement? I'd prefer to get a replacement than a refund since these are the ones I want for this guitar, but definitely makes me unlikely to go for them in future cases

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Did you have any issues with getting a replacement? I'd prefer to get a replacement than a refund since these are the ones I want for this guitar, but definitely makes me unlikely to go for them in future cases
Nah, went with a refund from the store I bought them from (Music Zoo). I'm hard-headed; when I get a defective product, I go full refund and get something else.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score

In my case, I only had issues with a classic set, happened late last summer, had to exchange it twice (from Amazon) until success.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone excited and/or curious to hear the new fishman p90's once they are released?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I need a passive-sized 8-string pickup.

Are any of the Fluence offerings high output? Like a Duncan Distortion or Dimarzio Super Distortion. Not looking for PAF-ish output.

Thanks!

juka

Reaction score
Yes, you're right,
all Fishman Humbuckers do not lack in output at all,
nevertheless they have this strange logic of low, medium and high output within their humbucker line when you look at the descriptions on their website, which probably is more linked to sound characteristics than to actual output rates.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Javier Reyes signature should be the highest output in open coil format

Hmmm...that was not my experience with the JR set at all. I'd say it's as hot as the Moderns. Among the ones I have (all but DT, WA) the Tosins are the hottest by far.

juka

Reaction score
Hmmm...that was not my experience with the JR set at all. I'd say it's as hot as the Moderns. Among the ones I have (all but DT, WA) the Tosins are the hottest by far.
The original poster was asking about opencoil format specifically, a form factor neither the Tosins nor the moderns are available in.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
The original poster was asking about opencoil format specifically, a form factor neither the Tosins nor the moderns are available in.

He was asking about passive sized. Not the same as open coil

but doesn’t look like they are available passive sized

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Yeah, I've asked them for a passive-sized Modern 8, and they said it's not going to happen.

I just ended up ordering a Dimarzio. Meh.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, I've asked them for a passive-sized Modern 8, and they said it's not going to happen.

I just ended up ordering a Dimarzio. Meh.
Only active I can think of that's the same size as passives are the kiesel polarity set. And they sound good in an 8 string.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Anyone see the new Greg Koch fluence p90s?

I know someone here was told it’s not possible to mix a fluence humbucker and single coil, but man I’d love to mix a tosin bridge with a p90 neck if I could!

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

I know someone here was told it’s not possible to mix a fluence humbucker and single coil, but man I’d love to mix a tosin bridge with a p90 neck if I could!

sure you can.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I saw a demo on them. They sound fantastic. Especially voice 2 which is the hot rodded version. Really gets the 2000's punk vibe going.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Am I crazy, Greg Koch's playing/style just ruins it for me. He can play for sure, but I don't want anything to do with what he plays, sorry. The closest I get to this style of playing is when I listen to Richie Kotzen, and he's a fierce shredder at heart. Can they have someone else, pleeeeease! How about someone w/ some real Jazz chops.