The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Confirmed. ESP Japan spoke about it last year and I’ve seen a photo (can’t share it, sorry). I think I ran through the basic specs in the esp thread but it’s basically gonna be like the 2006 version which I’ve attached here.

• ESP and LTD versions
    Modified/USA style headstock and horn
  • Full inlays
  • Scalloped at 17+
  • Kirk’s EMGs
  • Larger spider graphic with a green spider, yellow skull, white web
  • 3 way Gibson toggle (prior Ltd has a blade)
I kinda was unsure about it at first but I think the updated graphic is pretty cool and is closer to Kirk’s original in terms of size.
View attachment 88612

Sounds awesome. I'm assuming the price will be outrageous unfortunately like those Sparkle Ouija's that have been going for $12-13,000+? :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
I’d pick up a kh-3 Ltd in a heart beat....if they did a left of course....

jnthrngd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. I'm assuming the price will be outrageous unfortunately like those Sparkle Ouija's that have been going for $12-13,000+? :(
From what I’ve heard, they should be cheaper and not (terribly) outrageous

Mathemagician

Reaction score
People actually want those models. Dean's become synonymous with Dime and if they stopped, Dime and Dean fans would have a shit fit.

Besides I suppose it keeps Dime's old woman paid. That's just business. I'm not even bothered by the ethics. I say it solely out of being tired of seeing Dime models and them being released as news. It's like if you're hoping the big news in Nintendo is something really interesting and all they do is give you more Mario...again.

To your Nintendo example, every 5 years grown adults get angry that the newest Nintendo game sticks 95-99% to the formula with just slightly better graphics. The kids don’t care and buy it, the teenagers buy it and pretend they don’t play it, and the adults buy both versions to play and another set of both to “keep sealed”. But they still cry that “still Nintendo should push the envelope”.

No bby, that’s not how this works.

I ignore the Dime stuff and wait to see if Dean ever does something neat. They have the Michael Ammot V which I have tried to make myself buy, but I guess I would want a plainer look, and the Karl Sanders is an MIC import so I’d like something a bit higher end. I just cannot stand the fork headstock.

Throw a 6-inline on a few models and I think it would do better with the non-ML fans, but whose to say they haven’t tried it for that to not work already.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've always assumed any Dean with the forked headstock would be a Gibson x2 tuning nightmare. Anybody have one (sans locking nut) that can speak to that?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
People actually want those models. Dean's become synonymous with Dime and if they stopped, Dime and Dean fans would have a shit fit.

Besides I suppose it keeps Dime's old woman paid. That's just business. I'm not even bothered by the ethics. I say it solely out of being tired of seeing Dime models and them being released as news. It's like if you're hoping the big news in Nintendo is something really interesting and all they do is give you more Mario...again.

Then get me a Dean From Hell because I'd like a Mario Odyssey 2 please.

To your Nintendo example, every 5 years grown adults get angry that the newest Nintendo game sticks 95-99% to the formula with just slightly better graphics. The kids don’t care and buy it, the teenagers buy it and pretend they don’t play it, and the adults buy both versions to play and another set of both to “keep sealed”. But they still cry that “still Nintendo should push the envelope”.

I ignore the Dime stuff and wait to see if Dean ever does something neat. They have the Michael Ammot V which I have tried to make myself buy, but I guess I would want a plainer look, and the Karl Sanders is an MIC import so I’d like something a bit higher end. I just cannot stand the fork headstock.

Throw a 6-inline on a few models and I think it would do better with the non-ML fans, but whose to say they haven’t tried it for that to not work already.

Hey now, I kicked my Pokemon addiction this time after owning literally all of them up to now.

Not that I won't fall off the wagon if they make a good DPP remake.

Reaction score

"Dean should stop doing Dean stuff and just do a normal headstock"

People waiting for that to happen:
55896507.jpg

Athor

Reaction score
They did have the concrete sledge. Don't understand why they can't make an ML like that that's not a dime model.

Reaction score
They did have the concrete sledge. Don't understand why they can't make an ML like that that's not a dime model.
Probably because people aren't buying them.

I think that entire 6 in line series they made was for the "I dun liek Deen hedstok!" folks. But if they sold like crazy I'm sure Dean wouldn't just stop and not go back. They tend to keep doing what makes cash (hence the never ending Dime models). People into Dean prefer the V headstocks. It's part of what makes them different. Otherwise you might as well get any other brand.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
EF0A6DA2-985D-48FE-9B08-C70126F002DC.png FDE1EDEF-CDBE-4536-82E7-BDD122BFB004.png
Look up the Dean "Straight-Six" series.

These look neat.

Probably because people aren't buying them.

I think that entire 6 in line series they made was for the "I dun liek Deen hedstok!" folks. But if they sold like crazy I'm sure Dean wouldn't just stop and not go back. They tend to keep doing what makes cash (hence the never ending Dime models). People into Dean prefer the V headstocks. It's part of what makes them different. Otherwise you might as well get any other brand.

And that is something I get. It’s just that dean can make an almost-Gibson body V or explorer with specs that Gibson/epiphone wouldn’t touch if they wanted to.

Matt08642

Reaction score
I really wish Ibanez would release Lari Basilio’s model:View attachment 88518

Yes! The sparkle is sick

Ok...after careful analysis I have concluded the following. I am SO fucking out of touch with guitar trends and directions. My perfect guitar lineup for 2021 should look like 1991. I just want Ibanez to keep re-releasing the RG750DX year after year and I'm happy.

Imagine! This page of the catalog alone:

upload_2021-1-5_19-3-16.png

Not to mention neon JEMs, Swirl UVs, FGMs, etc