The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Song was INCREDIBLY AWESOME, but the tone is so bad and weak. I was just listening to Aspiration before this, and this sounds so weak, empty and metallic compared to Aspiration. Still, immensely excited.

Jogeta

Reaction score
It's a great track and I really like how they sound now!
It boggles the mind to think they've somehow managed to get even better as Rareform still blows 98% of other albums out of the water imo!

+1 on their live show being amazing Scar!
I saw them in Derby and Justin gave me his pick for helping him out when his strap broke :D

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I just got musically raped and I enjoyed it.

They sound better than ever. Anthony's vocals are so much better than before.

Richie666

Reaction score
Didn't really like it. A little too poppy/corey? for me. There were a few pretty cool songs on their last album though, i forget what it's called

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Song was INCREDIBLY AWESOME, but the tone is so bad and weak. I

Not sure what crap speakers you must be listening to it through. :scratch:

Everybody else on here for the most part seems to like it taken for granted it's a stream so it's not exactly high quality audio but you can still tell IMO a tone that sounds like a real tube amp and not over processed like so many end to be doing. It's got a ton of clarity, crispness in the high end without sounding harsh like so many others, and it's got a nice tight thunk to the low end.

bigchocolateman

Reaction score
I like it. I give it a thumbs up.
I do agree with the end breakdown. it was really cool live when they went back and forth Wish they would have done it on the recording.

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
hmm didn't really like it to be honest. I know they have some really good songs coming based on the riffs I heard in their pre-production vids. But this one doesn't do much for me.

JoshuaLogan

Banned
Reaction score
There are a few cool parts, but I'm guessing this is one of the weaker songs from the album. Kinda just plods along at mid tempo for a long time...

As for the mix, it does sound pretty weak... but it's a low quality stream, so I'll wait until I hear it in full quality to judge...

baboisking

Reaction score
Song was INCREDIBLY AWESOME, but the tone is so bad and weak. I was just listening to Aspiration before this, and this sounds so weak, empty and metallic compared to Aspiration. Still, immensely excited.

I have to agree. And the bass tone still sucks, as it did in Rareform.

nojyeloot

Reaction score

I see what you mean, and mostly agree (didn't care for the mix), but STILL it takes little away from how sweet this song really is. Even with an unfavorable mix, i've just been blown away... esp @ 2:13 :hbang:

This band's so good.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong peeps, it's an incredible song; I feel ashamed for previously calling Anthony a bad vocalist because he sounds awesome, and I even like the bass tone, but I didn't like the guitar tone too much. It's ok though, the song is amaziiiiiiiiiiing!

groph

Reaction score
Huh. This caught me off guard.

I listened the FUCK out of Rareform, absolutely loved it for a number of months, then sort of grew out of it, then sort of didn't like it, now I jam like crazy to stuff like Cursing Akenaten. I've concluded that I need to be in the mood for "this kind of stuff". djent groove whatever metal.

I was bored for the first couple of minutes, then that fucking breakdown at 2:01 caused me to instantly headbang. The rest of the song was also sick. They always have good grooves going on in the breakdowns. Still, the first couple of minutes had me bored. I'll definitely give the new album a shot though.

Quantumface

Reaction score
yeahhh not diggin the mix so far. granted im not listening out of the best speakers in the world right now but ah well itll grow on me.

Nublet

Sevenstring wannabe
Reaction score
I love it, but then I'm a biased fanboy I guess. :p First time I heard ATB I listened to the Rareform re-release so I can't really compare to their old vocalist. Snagged the third pre-order package though, can't wait!

EDIT: I have to agree, the part after the 2 minute mark is... amazing to say the least.