The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

ST3MOCON

Reaction score
Song was INCREDIBLY AWESOME, but the tone is so bad and weak. I was just listening to Aspiration before this, and this sounds so weak, empty and metallic compared to Aspiration. Still, immensely excited.

it sounds a little weak but its still pretty punchy and defined for a low tuning.

they are always pretty brutal! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
This song is sick, absolutely SICK!

Called for a new background on my phone.

568d94c0.jpg

Word. Got that off their MySpace, it's awesome.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I'm a retarded-big fan of Forging and the ORIGINAL Rareform, didn't like the new singer or their total rehaul of the mix on the re-release and kinda felt bummed about this impending release... I like the song in general, but mostly because he sounds more like the old Rareform singer on this than himself to me. :lol: Still not a big fan of this tone, but then I'm just gettin too picky. Sounds aight :yesway:

Danxile

Reaction score
I am so happy that they came out with this amidst the rumors the band was having problems and were "breaking up". This song kicks ass and i cant wait for the rest of the album. ATB kicks ass.

QuambaFu

Reaction score
Thank you ATB for bringing some much needed musical credibility to Minnesota!!! Yeah, I'm looking at you Prince and Soul Asylum.

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
I dont get their drum sound/production at all.
It sounds like they recorded them with a fucking digital set and then just used the sounds that already was in it.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I dont get their drum sound/production at all.
It sounds like they recorded them with a fucking digital set and then just used the sounds that already was in it.

Yeah, but then again many bands sound like that. I've learned to ignore it and enjoy the music.

Enselmis

Reaction score
I have to agree. And the bass tone still sucks, as it did in Rareform.

This. For some reason it sounds awful on my monitors. I'll try it with headphones, but it's like the drums have no power and the guitar just make everything else inaudible.

Wicked song though.

EDIT: The fuck? On my bass heavy headphones it sounds like the entire track was run through a massive high pass.

JordanLee

Star-stuff
Reaction score
There are a couple cool melodic riffs in there, and the breakdown is well orchestrated, but over all, I was incredibly underwhelmed. I have to agree with the folks saying the mix is weak. The guitar tone is fairly thin, and that god-damned bass tone is awful!

... with those negative comments aside, I still feel like this is a pretty strong song, and I'm sure the album will be better as a whole.