The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
Crappiest production i have heared in a while.
I mean, the mixing is alright but the drum sound, bass tone and the overall mix. It feels hollow and empty.
I'm not a big ATB fan but i like some tracks from Rareform but this release felt more like an Unearth/All that remains album with 8 strings.

Also, felt kind of cheap with so few songs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
My new favorite breakdown is in Carry You Away in the middle. Especially when they start rocking the SUPER low drop Eb. And Trent's lead part after, although its simple, is so smooth. :hbang:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not a big ATB fan but i like some tracks from Rareform but this release felt more like an Unearth/All that remains album with 8 strings.

Sounds good to me. I still haven't picked it up, waiting for the show on Sunday to grab it, but I'll give it a good listen through and throw in my :2c:

RWelsh727

Reaction score
So, i got my copy of After The Burial's new album, "In Dreams" last night. Overall, i'm not really sure what to think of it. I loved Rareform, and how it was basically all breakdown based, and in this album it seems like they strayed away from that quite a bit. It reminds me of Parkway Drive alot, which is sad, because they only use 6 string guitars, when ATB uses 8. And the singing.... :mad: It's just not ATB's style. The album seems lack-luster to me. Or maybe i'm crazy. If you think i'm crazy, i'd love to hear what you like about the album, because After The Burial is one of my favorite bands of all time, and it's dissapointing that they would make me wait 2 years for a 30 minutes mediocre album.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
My new favorite breakdown is in Carry You Away in the middle. Especially when they start rocking the SUPER low drop Eb. And Trent's lead part after, although its simple, is so smooth. :hbang:

I thought they played in F Standard?:scratch:

Opeth666

Reaction score
The last track sounds like a 2010 Pantera

great if thats the case ill cancel my preorder now...ugh!. but regardless I cant wait for my Order to get here, havn't listened to any of the tracks yet and dont plan on it till I get my copy. hopefully it will be badass!

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
They do, but in that particular song they drop that F a whole step to Eb.

Yum.:evil:

OH ok... That part also makes me go :eek: So deep, I was wondering if anyone played in drop D#(Eb, what you will), and I can see it sounds just fine:evil:

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
God damnit, I had no idea this was out yesterday. I'll have to pick it up tonight then. :metal:

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Merch connection is now officially on my list. I didn't purchase the post order package, and I damn sure didn't drop fifty bucks for it to arrive several days after the release date. I demand their heads and that the streets run red with their blood. However, I am a reasonable man and will settle for some sort of store credit :D

God damnit, I had no idea this was out yesterday. I'll have to
pick it up tonight then. :metal:

Yes, go get it now. Btdubb, your sig rules. It forced me to sing it aloud at work just now.

Opeth666

Reaction score
Merch connection is now officially on my list. I didn't purchase the post order package, and I damn sure didn't drop fifty bucks for it to arrive several days after the release date. I demand their heads and that the streets run red with their blood. However, I am a reasonable man and will settle for some sort of store credit :D

Yes, go get it now. Btdubb, your sig rules. It forced me to sing it aloud at work just now.

you havnt received yours either? hmm figured they just singled me out, nice to know im not the only one